A Little Sunshine Story

Discussion in 'Community' started by yoak, Jan 20, 2005.

1. yoak macrumors 65816

yoak

I just thought I share this we you guys.

I´m a cameraman and just starting out on a new TV series. As always money is the big issue with the production company. They had never done a thing like this one before and was looking into hire a post-production suites.
    The producer, new to the company, is a Mac user for years so he asked the company to look into the cost of buying 4 G5´s running FCP instead of renting Avid suites. It turned out the cost was almost the same.
    So now we have 4 brand new G5´s with Cinema displays. (which they now own and will use for a long time)

Way to go.

And because of that, the rest of the production are now using iBooks and iMacs (and the odd Powerbook for the top guys)

2. Wyvernspirit macrumors 6502a

Wyvernspirit

That info should be used in a marketing campaign. :)

Like apple would have one. ;)

3. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

awesome!

I wish my program at work to run on OS X :( ... :mad:

Nice for you!

4. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Ha! That's fantastic. Now if only stupid AutoDesk would write CAD software for OSX.... Yeah right, dream on.

5. dobbin macrumors 6502a

dobbin

Another nice Mac story - I was on a training course yesterday and we needed to find some information about a specific chemical. My colleagues HP laptop crashed when he tried to open an Excel spreadsheet. I was able to take my iBook out of its bag, start up and retrieve the information from the net (using my bluetooth mobile phone) quicker than he could restart his windows POS.

Everyone in the room was very impressed by the iBook - and even the guy with the HP said he wanted an Apple next time!

6. yoak thread starter macrumors 65816

yoak

7. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

It's always nice to hear some good news. Especially when it's Mac related. The Mac is impressive when given the chance in front of a PC. Thanks for the stories. ;)