Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MillieWales

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2003
UK
Just to bump this story, anyone had any success getting their corrosion/pitting looked and at and resolved?

jsalzer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2004
Black Beauty

KC9AIC said:
The old lombards are great! the svelte black plastic doesn't show a thing. I wish that the PowerBook G5 would be a metallic black plastic beauty.

My Pismo and I are with you. I've been wanting to upgrade for some time so that I can properly operate in OSX, but the entire idea of a metal laptop that scuffs and dents scares the tar out of me. I've finally broken down and bought an iMac G5 to stay at work and keep my Pismo at home for the basics. Black plastic - or even a layer of clear polycarb over the aluminum (ala EZQuest drives) in a G5 laptop would be perfect!

bigsteve3

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2002
IL
Sadly, I am typing this message to you folks on a Rev B Aluminum Powerbook G4 with slight corrosion on it....

I bought my Powerbook about a year and a half ago, and the corrosion just started showing up about a month ago... needless to say I am very disturbed by it...

The corrosion on mine is only on the left wrist-rest area, which is directly above where the hard drive is. Since the computer gets a bit warm, my left hand always sweats...which I guess has caused this whole problem...

-S

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.