A little worried about this ebay purchase

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by GoCubsGo, Feb 12, 2007.

1. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

Feb 19, 2005
    So I didn't really think I'd ever have to be worried about something like this but here's my deal. I purchased a phone yesterday using buy it now. Before I did that I contacted the seller and asked some random but important question. They got right back to me (12-24 hours later) and answered my question.

Yesterday I told someone about the auction and linked the auction only to find out the seller ended the auction early because the item is no longer for sale. He had 5 phones. Another individual who I was going to buy from on Friday had 10 and that auction was ended early so I didn't buy it (obviously). Today I just got this odd feeling that I may have been had.

I checked the ebay account and saw other items they sold, coach purses and such. Great feedback and such blah blah. But something just isn't sitting right.

Any thoughts on the matter?
  2. Sutekidane macrumors 6502a

Jan 26, 2005
    I might of been a hi-jacked account, but as long as you paid with paypal you SHOULD be okay.
  3. GoCubsGo thread starter macrumors Nehalem

Feb 19, 2005
    Well they got back to me today however the individual who responded had another name attached to their e-mail address and they spoke randomly (ur phone is on the way don't worry I'm not 1 of those scammers). I'm not too worried though now. I found the women who owns the account and I'm hooked up with a few agencies and one has already told me he'd help if it turns out to be a scam. Right now I am waiting for them to ship, he said end of week. Too bad shipping was only $17 I may have gotten it sooner (end sarcasm).
    Now that I found the lady and I have a link to bigger stronger people I am feeling better about it.
  4. The Past macrumors 6502

Aug 17, 2004
    Trading on ebay has been getting notorious by the minute. I have been an account holder there since '96, but now hardly every deal with trades there. Sure everything is protected, but you have to take the time to get it all sorted. We will keep our fingers crossed for you. Good luck!
  5. Maxiseller macrumors 6502a

Jan 11, 2005
    Little grey, chilly island.
    It's always wise to be cautious with eBay...It doesn't seem to be getting any better either unfortunately.

Hey, let us know how it turns out...