A mac for clutz?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by nyprospect, Jun 30, 2004.

1. nyprospect macrumors 6502

Ok here goes.Ive been wanting a beautiful little powerbook,so i can hug and kiss asqueeze untill its little hardrive pops out.Kidding :rolleyes: .I sometimes like to surf and have beer or 2.My concern is how delicate is the powerbook. :confused: yep a dumb question

2. Coolvirus007 macrumors regular

Its quite study. I have operated it several times under the influence and its still in one piece.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Would *not* recommend pouring your beer in it though.... :p

If that's what you mean by sturdy, I don't think anything less than a ruggedized notebook is going to do you. :(

4. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    powerbooks are pretty sturdy, but i still treat them pretty carefully, more than when handling a toshiba or a dell; which seem to be pretty built. when operating under the influence i make sure its on a desk; never on my lap!!!!

5. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

For those of you who like to drink and surf they make an iskin for an Apple laptop to keep that nasty stuff out of the keyboard area. Remember, if you are gonna surf...wear a rubber keyboard cover. :eek:

Just checked their web site...they adversise "silicone enhanced" products. Wow, who knew I could create a silicone enhanced mac! I don't know if I should tell my wife...she might feel threatened. :D

6. nyprospect thread starter macrumors 6502

Just checked their web site...they adversise "silicone enhanced" products. Wow, who knew I could create a silicone enhanced mac! I don't know if I should tell my wife...she might feel threatened. :D[/QUOTE]

:D lol."HICCUP"