A mac user in a windows forum -_-

Discussion in 'macOS' started by iBookG4user, Jul 15, 2006.

1. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

(I don't know if this is in the right place since it is about mac os x and windows both the os and hardware)
    I decided to start a windows vs. mac discussion on one of the forums I visit regularly and I find out that I can count the mac users that go to the 1500+ member forum on one hand -_-. So here's the link http://www.withthewill.net/showthread.php?tid=2529
    The only person besides me who has used both windows and mac is using REALLY old powermacs and it makes him hate macs -_-. So any advice as to what I should respond by if most have yet to try mac os x or have just used ancient macs?

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

I don't much see the point in it other than an educational exercise that indicates the people have never even used the modern MacOS, so really don't know anything about it one way or the other. If they don't care, that's fine, if they're actually complaining about it, then they're uneducated and that's unfortunate.

I'd maybe just note that the MacOS is not what it used to be, and if there are any Unix fans that its being basically OpenDarwin with a really nice GUI and API layer on top makes it a neat choice for a Unix flavor with access to modern productivity apps like those from Adobe or MS.

3. chairguru22 macrumors 6502a

that seems backwards to me. people should 'care' or better, be open-minded to both PC and Mac worlds. While if they do have complaints, it does suggest that they have been open-minded and tried both worlds and can form an opinion that they are entitled to.

4. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    You could try pointing out that he's comparing a Mac equivalent to a Pentium II running Win95 to a modern PC running XP so it's not really the same base that they're starting from.

But to be honest, I wouldn't have started the thread. As with most things, there's no point evangelising to folks who aren't ready to hear the message, it just shuts their ears to the subject.

5. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

judging macs on what peoples old schools used is like me judging pc's on the 3.1 boxen my primary school used (which were replaced with G5's nearly 3 years ago when they came out)

anyway, as pc forums go that looks fairly tame.