A macbook pro fairy tale

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by ieani, Apr 4, 2006.

1. ieani macrumors 6502a

ieani

Its been a week now and probably 90% of my free time has been spent playing around on new mbpro. Even now I was just going to read a little bit as the battery charges before doing some couch-based internet surfing but couldnt draw myself away. I dont have any problems with mine at all. It runs incredibly fast, quiet, but inefficient(im not getting much done with it around :p ). Im a switcher, was worried about the bugs but decided to trust apple and take the plunge rather than waiting. And...I love my mac. :D

[​IMG]

look how thin it is!

[​IMG]

2. gekko513 macrumors 603

gekko513

3. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

Those are some great pictures and a nice setup. Congratulations on your purchase!

4. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Eevee

Nice pics of your macbook pro!:D Thanks for sharing!

I will be starting a new job in August. Turn out the department uses Macs (woot!). The university will provide me a new Macbook Pro! (woot woot!!!):D

5. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

6. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Nice pics of your awesome MacBook Pro ieani. Glad to hear that you are loving your new machine. :)

7. mmmcheese macrumors 6502a

mmmcheese

8. iShane macrumors 6502a

Major Jealousy! Me+Summer Job=MBP? As my mother always says "You never know Shane you never know"

^Sorry if that sounds ridiculous, I'm a little tired.

9. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

You kids expect too much at an early age. Many people on here with MBP's are older, and have families and steady jobs.

There are also the 15 year old spoiled bastards though.

Buy what suits your needs, don't waste money. You'll need it later.

10. mmmcheese macrumors 6502a

mmmcheese

Which kids are you talking about? I don't see any ages posted in this thread...or even references that would make people seem like they are in that age group.

11. neocell macrumors 65816

neocell

12. ieani thread starter macrumors 6502a

ieani

I paid for my mine myself. I could have gotten a refurb 12 inch ibook for $700 but then I would be in vast amounts of debt with college and have nothing this fun to play with. Plus I need this kind of power and the screen since it will double as my TV. I took a year off from school though to figure out what I wanted to do and have been working full time since I got back from Europe last fall. So I had a good income and am by no means putting myself anywhere near debt by purchasing it.

13. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

14. theknowles macrumors newbie

it isnt really fair to say that all 15 year olds dont deserve or are spoilt when they have a macbook pro. i myself am 16 and am getting a macbook pro as soon as i make a final decision, but its not because i just wana look cool when surfing the web. i do alot of filming/editing etc and need a decent laptop for collage/uni as the software they use isnt advanced enough for what i need. I also have a job lined up for the BBC in the summer, if anything its better to start at an early age. i invest pretty much every penny i make into my setups, so its not as if its a click of the fingers and its there situation. like you said though, whatever suits your needs

15. lonelemur90 macrumors member

lonelemur90

that whole "15 year old spoiled bastard" thing is a little extreme and stereotypical of kids with nice things. Im 15. I'm certainly not spoiled. I work hard. I havnt bought anything over $15 (except on presants for people) since last January when i bought my ipod mini. Last year i was introduced to apple and have been a loyal person since. I was saving for a computer anyway and wanted an apple, but when i heard about the intel macs, i told myself i was going to buy one. Now here i am and im 100 away from the MBP i have been saving what seems like forever for. (I cant wait!)

16. MacRumorsReader macrumors member

MacRumorsReader

I'm a 32 year old spoiled little bastard and I figure you can have anything you can afford.

17. macpastor macrumors regular

macpastor

36 here, and I agree!

18. direzz macrumors 6502

dont forget about sales tax

19. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Well, back on track, nice MBP :D Since you'll be using it at school and away from it as well you should enjoy the speed of it now but even more after most apps become UB. Nice speakers also :D

20. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

How are the quality of the harmon kardon speakers?

21. bah-bah'd macrumors regular

he is just pissed that he had to work so long and hard to get one and you are 16 and get it as one of your first computers. His first computer was probably a commodore he got to use for 3 hours a week in homeroom.