A meteorite strike a pose... I mean a house

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by mymemory, Jun 13, 2004.

1. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Well, you can die in the shower of your house and now in the livingroom by a meteorite.

Read the link.

2. King Cobra macrumors 603

Damnit, every time I read that article, I keep getting that Deja Vu feeling that not only have I read the article before, but I also responded to it.

Well, since it crashed into a house with such great velocity and friction from the atmosphere, I expected that it made the rug catch fire or something. Solution: Get a wooden floor.

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I hope that the computer wasn't damaged any. Wonder if the money from the meteorite will be enough to fix the damaged that it caused. I'm glad that there wasn't any damage to human life.

4. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

I hope it was damaged if it was a Windows coputer. :)

Good that the kid wasn't in the room when it happened.

5. mymemory thread starter macrumors 68020

mymemory

You know, a few years ago in my mother birthday, my sister got upset at her because when she came over the cake was already done and she got upset at my mom in her birthday. Then she sat on my mother's favorite place in the table and suddendly a dry impact we heard. My syster was looking at her watch that was broken and she felt something on her leg... it was a bullet that went trought the seiling! (my roof of my hous is made of a very light material). A friend of ours found the bullet on the floor but it was close!

My sister was crying, my mother was holding her, you can imagine the scene. The bulet just scratch her leg a bit but after bouncing from the watch. No to mention how close she was from getting it herself.

In other words, do not mess with your mom on her birthday.

6. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

what?

7. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm just glad that your sister and mother are OK. Did you ever find out where the bullet came from?

8. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Yeah, what? Through the ceiling?

9. mymemory thread starter macrumors 68020

mymemory

Yes, the ceiling in a mix of two sheets of aluminum with some sort of foam in the middle. It was a dry impact, we never knew where the bullet came from, we called the police, they came and got their report but that was it.

Since then, every time there is a political problem in my country I go to sleep in my closet that is very big and is in another floor of my house... actually... I'm in NY right now so I do not have to worry about that anymore! :rolleyes: