a milestone for me

Discussion in 'Distributed Computing' started by benpatient, Jan 17, 2005.

1. benpatient macrumors 68000

Nov 4, 2003
    I just wanted to announce that I passed 100,000 folding points over the weekend. I had a goal of doing this less than 1 year after I started folding, and I'm glad to say that I've made it with more than 2 months to spare...

Good luck to all of you trying to catch me...and look out to those of you I'm trying to catch!
  2. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Jul 23, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Congrats, benpatient. Keep up the good work!

May I ask what you're folding with? 100,000 points is a heck of alot...
  3. RugoseCone macrumors 6502

Aug 22, 2002
    Kudos on a job well done!

See you in 107 days... ;)
  4. benpatient thread starter macrumors 68000

Nov 4, 2003
    i am currently folding with:

• dual proc 1.8 G5 (all the time, but this is my primary work machine...it slows down a lot during the week)
    • One half of a hyperthreaded 2.8ghz P4 that is on 3 days a week, on average.
    • Athlon XP 2500+ (my primary gaming machine at home..turned on 4-5 days a week) This is the one with the 6600 GT ;)
    • Athlon XP 2500+ (secondary work machine...on 24/7, and new to the fold as of last month...I use this to do all the work-related things my G5 won't do)
    • single proc 1.6 G5 with 256mb RAM (production assistant's machine...doesn't seem to produce many points in general for some reason)
    • single proc 400mhz G4 (get's regular abuse doing word and email and surfing, etc...not much else)

My own personal machines are in bold. The rest are "office" machines that are under my own personal care where IT is concerned...and subject to my folding whimsy. :)