A more rugged ipod Classic case?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Droidrage729, Aug 22, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

Sep 28, 2012
    I'm late into the iPod Classic game. Mostly because I lost my 64 gb iPod touch. Anyway my new ipod Classic is on the way but I haven't set my sights in any cases. The cases I have seen seem well cruddy and cheap. Is there a protective case similar to a survivor case obviously to function the click wheel would need to be exposed so I don't expect armor or anything but I'm looking for something a little more protective then a Chinese crystal case that leaves the screen and wheel exposed thanks!
  2. macrumors 68030

Jul 19, 2013
    Western United States
    Great question! Keep us posted with what you end up getting.
  3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Sep 28, 2012
    Well I found an awesome looking case made by Otterbox the Otterbox defender for ipod Classic . It's exactly what I was looking for each port is covered really nice quality what you would expect from Otterbox problem is I can't find the darn thing anywhere I mean eBay google nowhere. Even Otterbox doesn't have the case on the site anymore. It's apparent I'll have to get a lower end case to start until I find the "one".
  4. cmichaelb, Aug 23, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2013

macrumors 68000

Aug 6, 2008
    The classic is so out of vogue anymore I doubt there will be a great selection.

Have you tried Amazon? Sometimes you be surprised.

Also any discount stores in your area that sell overstock? You might have some success there.

Switcheasy makes a crystal case that covers the entire iPod except the click wheel. Maybe use a combination of a case and a Zagg shield to protect the face?