A New Bluetooth Mouse to Choose From

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by finalcoolman, Oct 26, 2005.

1. finalcoolman macrumors 6502

Apr 15, 2005
    Well, I'm still waiting for a Bluetooth Mighty Mouse for my iBook, but it seems that Sony has made a Bluetooth mouse that looks like it would match pretty nicely with a Powerbook. Hopefully this also means that Sony will start putting Bluetooth into more of their computers like Apple has. It would compete I guess if someone is trying to choose between the non Apple but full size alternatives like the MacMice BT, the Logitech MX900 or the Microsoft one. All I can say it's nice to see another BT mouse thats full sized. It seems to be out in the US now but is not in Canada yet till Nov. 22nd. A nice thing about it is it seems to be able to be used via USB.

Sony US:

Sony Canada:
  2. ipacmm macrumors 65816

Jun 17, 2003
    Cincinnati, OH
    Wow, i like the way it looks, I might pick that up when it comes out.

thanks for the link
  3. forumBuddy macrumors member

Jul 6, 2005
    Umm, no thanks - that thing requires Lego hands.
  4. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

Apr 12, 2005
    awesome mouse but it looks a bit wierd...:confused:
  5. wide macrumors 6502a

May 17, 2004
    it looks really cool, but you'll be much better off getting an ergonomic bluetooth mouse like the ones microsoft and logitech sell. $70 for a three button, tiny bluetooth mouse is not a good deal. check ebay for the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer for Bluetooth and the Logitech MX900 Bluetooth. I recommend the former, i've most of the buttons work (all but the forward/backward buttons) and all of them should work once USB overdrive is released w/ bluetooth support. super fast response. only bad thing about it is that there's no on/off switch, so i just switch the batteries whenever i travel (so as not to wake up my ibook accidentally, i keep it on sleep mode most of the time). it fits my medium-sized hands very well, has withstood some pretty high drops, looks great, and does not need frequent changes of batteries. i'd recommend it for gaming too.
  6. biohazard6969 macrumors 6502a

Feb 23, 2005
    toronto canada
  7. Chef Medeski macrumors 6502a

Chef Medeski

Jun 14, 2005
    New York, NY
    It better if its $70 + shipping. I think I could buy two one button mouses from Apple used for that price and then I would finally have a Wireless, good looking, two button, Apple mouse (mutant mouse).
  8. EricNau Moderator emeritus

Apr 27, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    I think it's ugly (sorry :eek: ), and on top of that, it looks very uncomfortable.
  9. tech4all macrumors 68040

Jun 13, 2004
    Looks alone - it's ok. But for a mouse....meh. The ergonomics don't look so comfortable.
  10. joystik macrumors member

Oct 15, 2005
    i dont think it looks that great...and doesnt look compfortable imo... i had a really thin and small mouse before, which was the size of that sony one and it sucked, might look nice to some of you but after a couple weeks of using it your hands will be in pain....and if i pay 70$ for a mouse it better be loaded with options...that sony one looks like a basic mouse with a heavy price tag... i havent seen many cool bluetooth mouses yet so i'll jsut stick to usb for now..

you should check that mouse out..for 35-40 bucks it is worth it...it is very compfortable as well. And can do so much more than the sony, its just not blue tooth.
  11. maddav macrumors 6502

Jul 3, 2004
    Manchester, UK
  12. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

I'm sorry I am going to stick with my Kensington Pilot Mouse, that Sony mouse looks like a nightmare to use. My Pilot mouse may be ugly but its comfortable!
  13. plasticparadox macrumors 6502

May 24, 2003
    That looks sweet. But I need extra buttons for Exposé! I'm gonna pick up the Logitech model once I've paid off my PowerBook..

Second to Apple, Sony has got some really good designs. If I were buying a PC, it would be a VAIO, no question.
  14. Zoowatch macrumors 6502

Jan 6, 2004
    Sheffield, UK
    stylish but lack the ergonomics...

won't be very practical in real use...

better to get a M$ mouse
    they are good, durable and consume less power