A New Board

Discussion in 'iPod' started by nifty_nigel10, Aug 7, 2006.

1. nifty_nigel10 macrumors member

So i set up a forum over at Featured Mp3. It'd be pretty cool if you guys could maybe sign up and post a bit, i'd be really grateful as it'd help us get up an running a bit. thanks :)

http://featuredmp3.com/forums

BTW sorry if this is the wrong place to post this kinda thing.

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I'm not opposed to posting a link to other forums, and I don't think it's against the rules, so I personally don't see a problem with it being mentioned here. I don't think you're going to profit from it (i.e., I don't count it as potential spam).

I have no time for another forum - I spend too much here as it is - but best of luck with it all!

3. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Same here, my addiction to online forums is devoted solely to MR. :eek: :)

4. dbhays macrumors regular

dbhays

Many of the forums on the site are links to products instead of a discussion forum. It deceptively lists active topics and posted topics. Click on a forum to view such topics and be taken to a third party site selling stuff. Browser beware.

5. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I didn't see that - I saw embedded ads, but a bunch of clicks never led me to sites directly. Must've missed them. Any other complaints from people?

6. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

It's kinda cheap that their "live" coverage of the keynote was lifted directly from MR without crediting this site.

7. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Agreed.

And I see why I didn't notice the ad links mentioned above: PithHelmet blocked them.

8. nifty_nigel10 thread starter macrumors member

Hey, I'd just like to apologise for not crediting the site on the WWDC Update, i realise that it was quite possibly one of the motives behind locking my thread. At the time i was in the mindset that i had to get the content up as quickly as possible, our stats were showing record traffic and just starting with the site out we were very pleased.

Unfortunately, the forums are currently offline, feel free to check out the actual site itself, found at http://featuredmp3.com

hopefully the forums will be back up asap, just need to sort out some things with google first.