a new integrated gaming idea..

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by virus1, Jan 15, 2007.

1. virus1 macrumors 65816

virus1

http://www.ericvicenti.com/concepts/igameconcept.rtf

just wanted to throw this out there.. i have been conepting it for the past few weeks, and cant find any devs interested in a partnership, and i dont have much money. so if anyone wants to make it, i would be glad to develop it with you. i have a ui, some graphics, and a basic version of the store. so what do you all think?

2. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Your name is Virus, and you want me to download a file from a random link? :p

Besides, aren't you afraid that someone will steal your idea?

4. XnavxeMiyyep macrumors 65816

XnavxeMiyyep

That sounds pretty awesome. The music concept (which solves a pet peeve of mine) is particularly awesome.

Unfortunately, I lack the necessary skills to write such an application, but hopefully in a few years I can develop some games for it.

5. virus1 thread starter macrumors 65816

virus1

thanks guys! to be honest, i borrowed the music feature from the ipod games.

yeah, i began learning to develop a few weeks ago and didnt get very far. this is all i ever managed to do :rolleyes: ..

6. wmmk macrumors 68020

wmmk

you only started to develop a few weeks ago? I thought you had a whole OS to merge with mine about a year ago!;)
    just kidding, mine was vaporware too!:p

That said, I have a few ideas...
    First of all, I think you'll want to use ajax to make the hompage more dynamic. Also, if you haven't already, you should WebObjects. It makes developing complex web apps a lot easier than it would be otherwise. Lastly, I'd love to do some basic flash games, but I'm waiting for CS3 to get flash for the MBP that I currently use as a main machine. When I do, I'll contact you.

7. virus1 thread starter macrumors 65816

virus1

wow, i had completely forgot about that thing. i forgot the details, but it wasnt the first time i tried to pick up programming.

as for the store, i will look into webobjects. i already plan to use ajax, and as of now, i am leaning toward mysql and php.

what do you guys think of this feature:

Savable Games: Stuck in your favorite RPG and need a friends help? Save it into a file, and email it to him. Need to switch computers? Stick it on an ipod and go! In iGame, you can save unlimited games, and do whatever you want with them.

I have another feature idea as well, but wouldnt know how to implement it. Basically a feature that tells you if something happens that you would want to know about, so if you are in full screen mode, it would somehow notify you so you know the email you just got was junk mail BEFORE you exit out of full screen mode. Any ideas on how to implement this?

One last thing: If anyone is interested, I might be willing to sell this idea.

8. virus1 thread starter macrumors 65816

virus1

ok I added 2 new sections to my document including 'action plan' and 'game concepts'

tell me what you think of them, and if you have anything to add to the idea at all.. :D