Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nels0360

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 16, 2004
Colorado
Hey everyone. I decided to let you know that you have successfully switched me! Mind you, this is not a normal switch as I am a systems and network admin for a PC environment. I have more Microsoft certifications than I care to think about.

Anyway, I placed my order for a PowerBook 12” today. I decided to go with the combo drive instead of the superdrive because I have a Plextor 8x DVD burner that I’m going to hook up externally. I rip movies occasionally and I wanted the extra speed and +/- capabilities. I’ll be using it with a BookEndz docking station at home to connect to the DVD burner and my Samsung 17” LCD.

I get Virtual PC and Office 2004 for free from my employer (a university). I only plan on using virtual PC to provide support to Windows users and for my girlfriend’s Rio Nitrus MP3 player which doesn’t have Mac support. I know, I know…I need to convince her to get an Ipod. Also, I found out that the university has free upgrades to the Mac OS until September 2006! I thought that was pretty cool.

I do need to find a new multifunction because my Canon MP730 is not supported in OS X. I wonder if I could get it to print though using the Canon i850 driver since that is the printer it is based on. We’ll have to see, but if you guys have any multifunction recommendations let me know!

yoda13

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2003
Texas
I don't really know of any good multi-funcitons. I have always viewed these as compromising in their ability to do each of their functions as well as stand along models would. But that is just my 2 cents. Anyway, welcome to the fold. Enjoy :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.