A new twist on the Nigerian Prince scam...lol

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mkubal, Oct 20, 2005.

  1. mkubal macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jul 22, 2002
    Location:
    Tampa
    #1
    Sorry if you all have seen this before, but it was hilarious so I had to post it. What follows is the text of an email sent to my father today.


    From Sgt.Greg Moore
    American Military
    The First Armored
    Division,Iraq.
    20th Oct,2005

    Good day,

    Iam Sgt.Greg Moore, I am an American soldier, I am serving in the military
    of the 1st Armored Division in Iraq, As you know we are being attacked by
    insurgents everyday and car bombs.We managed to move funds belonging to
    Saddam Hussien's family. The total amount is US$25 Million dollars in cash,
    mostly 100 dollar bills. We want to move this money to you, so that you may
    invest it for us and keep our share for banking.

    We will take 75%, my partner and I. You take the other 25%. no strings
    attached, just help us move it out of Iraq, Iraq is a warzone. We plan on
    using diplomatic courier and shipping the money out in one large silver box,
    using diplomatic immunity.

    If you are interested I will send you the full details, my job is to find a
    good partner that we can trust and that will assist us. Can I trust you?
    When you receive this letter,kindly send me an e-mail signifying your
    interest including your most confidential telephone/fax numbers for quick
    communication also your contact details. This business is risk free. The box
    can be shipped out in 48hrs.

    Respectfully,
    Sgt.Moore



    Freaking hilarious!
     
  2. OutThere macrumors 603

    OutThere

    Joined:
    Dec 19, 2002
    Location:
    NYC
    #2
    Great...one more thing I can get 129358023x a day. :p

    At least it's a little more subtle than the other ones, I mean it doesn't ask for your Bank Account number or your credit card number straight up. Haha.
     
  3. jsw Moderator emeritus

    jsw

    Joined:
    Mar 16, 2004
    Location:
    Andover, MA
    #3
    Are you serious? Man, that's over $6M! Just to take the money and put in in the bank? Awesome! If he's not going to do it, please forward the email address to me... I have some debts due to some bad business decisions in the past, but this seems like a golden opportunity! I'll give you half of my share if you just send me your bank account info so I can deposit it for you.
     
  4. mkubal thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jul 22, 2002
    Location:
    Tampa
    #4
    I'll send you my ATM card and pin and credit cards while I'm at it. All I need is for you to wire me $5,000 American so that I can fill out all the paper work so I can send you my bank account numbers. :p ;) :D
     
  5. xsedrinam macrumors 601

    xsedrinam

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2004
    #5
    Shame. If I hadn't sunk most all our nest egg in to "the Moon's made of green cheese" stock, I might be interested. :cool:
     
  6. wordmunger macrumors 603

    wordmunger

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2003
    Location:
    North Carolina
    #6
    I doubt this will be as effective as the Nigerian scam since this "money" is obviously stolen. Even suckers are likely to realize that. (Though who knows?)

    This seems more like participating in a crime, whereas the original scam seemed more like helping a bereaved member of royalty.
     

Share This Page