A newbie to the forum saying Hello!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by macdaddy_53, Oct 3, 2005.

1. macdaddy_53 macrumors newbie

Oct 3, 2005
    Hello fellow mac users, Just saying hello, the first computer i ever sat down to the keyboard with was a mac 7300 a very slow but reliable piece of history, I currently am in posession of a B&W G3 which I had a the memory increased to 1Gig, although i have been using a mac for some 10 years I still am learing something new everyday and thanks to sites likethis forum it has opened up a whole new world of information for me to learn and be able to be able to understand my mac better. my processor is currently a 450 and i was wanting more speed and i recently heard that i can geta 900 processor or a 1Gig processor, can anyone inform me if these rumors are true and if so where would be the best and cheapest place to purchase,thanks everyone for such a great forum, macdaddy_53, you can drop me a e mail at d-patrick@earthlink.net, thanks.
  2. liketom macrumors 601

Apr 8, 2004
    have a look at

there your best place for CPU and other upgrades for the lovely B/W

Welcome to the Forums BTW
  3. 840quadra Moderator

Staff Member

Feb 1, 2005
    Twin Cities Minnesota
    If you can trust the person selling the item, Ebay is a great option for you to look into.

I have a B&W that I upgraded to a G4 500 earlier this year. It is a great stable system, with great power for most applications I use. I bought the processor on Ebay for less then $100 used.

Have fun with the upgrades!

4. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

If you really want to go nuts with a processor upgrade check out www.gigadesigns.com, they have up to 2.0ghz G4 upgrades! If you want a more total upgrade solution check out www.macsales.com, they have memory, HDs, video cards, and proc upgrades all matched to machine.