A.P.: U.S. Army making plans to keep current Iraq troop level through 2010.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by clevin, Oct 11, 2006.

1. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Did you want to say something about that? (Or provide a link? ;) )

3. clevin thread starter macrumors G3

clevin

4. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

I've had the theory for awhile that this administration is doing everything in its power now to make sure that the successor is only a one term president so the Neo-Cons can get back in 2012. I think they've given McCain the nod in private to get him to go along with some of the more dubious plans that I used to think were beyond him. I also think they realize that if they snub McCain again there's a good chance he could switch parties and air a lot of dirty laundry.

That being said the next administration, GOP or Democrat, will have the honor of somehow figuring out how to handle Iraq. If they do it well it will be "because Bush set it up to go so well," if they fail it will be "because they deviated from the brilliant plans set forth by Bush." The only hope of the successor is to completely revamp the Iraq strategy (with lots of press coverage) and hope that everything improves greatly. If the successor doesn't manage to pull this off the Neo-Cons will have ammo in 2012.