a PC doesn't want to be a troll anymore...

Discussion in 'Community' started by AmigoMac, Aug 26, 2004.

1. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

I found a pretty funny advertising from a supermarket,

Look at my browser, carefully

there is also a printed version around germany where they are selling a laptop (the same supermarket) and the browser is safari, a pretty funny photoshop, IMO.

It's not the first time, the people from marketing let these things happen...

i wonder if this is the only place to find those cases...

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Happens all the time, a lot of these advertising departments are Mac-based, so it's easier to do a screen shot of the Mac in front of you than wasting time hunting down a PC and getting it to cough up the image you need.

4. AmigoMac thread starter macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

Yeah, that's what I thought, pretty logical, it's a geeky joke since the PCs buyers don't have an idea why their wintel box looks so nice on the paper but in reality is ugly ...

5. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

Isnt that just an LCD monitor? It could be hooked up to any Mac. I have a samsung hooked up to my G5.

6. AmigoMac thread starter macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

a good possibility, but no, it's not attached to a mac, they took a screenshot for this LCD and for a printed version where they are selling a laptop and has exactly the same safari screenshot... It's 4:36, I'm back to sleep and I'll show it later ;) , I just like it...

7. 7on macrumors 601

7on

I've seen PC Gamer use OS9's version of IE for web screens in the mag. Also there's a lot of ads in there about becoming IT or whatever and the IT "action figure" has a TiBook.

Oh yeah, I saw the opposite the other day, a Powerbook with an XP screen edited on it. Sounds like something I'd do :p

8. AmigoMac thread starter macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

as promised...

The second picture of the german supermarket advertising ... :p

Attached Files:

9. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I have screenshots of an OS 7-era Internet Explorer, in a Dell brochure. I just tried to post it on here, but I don't know how to resize it without using iPhoto, which is broken (see my thread in the software forum).

10. cslewis macrumors 6502a

cslewis

I have a photo somewhere from a catalog that has a prev. gen. iMac as a monitor, and a G3 blue and white tower as the CPU... :eek:

11. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

I was just in Switzerland and at a rail station was a huge billboard for some company. In the ad there's a guy (who looks like Pitfall Harry) sitting in the jungle with a TiBook in his lap. The Apple logo was airbrushed out, but it was so obvious that it was s a Mac :mad:

12. thejazzman10 Guest

i have seen the opposite of this to....for the one and only (drum roll) GRIFFIN ICURVE! they had an iBook on it, but the trackpad button was photoshopped to loook like it had 2 buttons, they made it a tad grayer, andhas to be something wrong with thatthe monitor had win xp on it ! :mad: :mad:

13. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

All the Adelphia high speed cable (which is what I have) commercials use Macs. I've seen TIbook, G3 iMacs, G4 iMacs, and an iBook. On every mac they show, they get a matching piece of paper, and tape it over the logo! :mad:

It was especially evident when they showed a G4 iMac, the word 'iMac' on the screen was covered, and so was the Apple logo on the hub.