A poor mans photography SLR-less

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by X-Morgan, Jul 14, 2006.

1. X-Morgan macrumors member

Jul 14, 2006
    Hey there, I'm just looking for some general advice.

Basically, the rules of purchasing is - "Never impulse buy" the reason being is that last week I went into Glasgow and into the Sony Centre and walked out with a Sony DSC-W30 for £179.99 and when I get home.....oppsie play.com are selling them for £139.99.....oh joy.

Now I'm really kicking myself 'cos the Sony DSC-100 which was £299.99 in the Sony Centre is £219.99 and that offers full manual control which I really wanted in the first place!

I'm wanting the long exposures over the motorway and the silk waterfalls and I just can't get that with the W30.

So my main point, should I get rid of the W30 and get a W100?

Any other suggestions regarding manual control cameras around the same price would be great, I've got a 2 GB Memory Stick though but I would be willing to get a different type of flash memory if a different camera peaked my intrest.

2. Obsidian6 macrumors 6502a

Apr 29, 2006
    Laguna Niguel, CA
    in my opinion, if the w100 offers you what you want, then yes you should sell the other camera and go for that.

something you may want to consider as well is a slightly older camera like the canon s70. it really is a fantastic point and shoot, with a lot of options. and control.

in my own preference, the more control i can have the better. just a thought :)