Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Born Again

macrumors 68040
May 12, 2011
Norcal
its funny how people say fake

and we've been through this before

these parts turn out real and then everyone falls in love

so it's real - nobody is going to take their time making these dumb fake photos. nothing says photoshop

stop complaining accept it.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
I thought this was the Iphone 4S. I would suspect 5 would be a more radical design change, and I am sure the current 4 design has a bit more left it in given the white one has just come out.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
I thought this was the Iphone 4S. I would suspect 5 would be a more radical design change, and I am sure the current 4 design has a bit more left it in given the white one has just come out.

its still the 5th tho, the redesign would be 6

iPhone
iPhone 3G
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4
iPhone 4S (name makes no sense to me anyway)
iPhone 6

Wiesenlooser

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
I still think that the iphone 5 revision is going to be more major than this. What else would take them so long to get this thing out if it's just a revamped iPhone 4?

Mike Oxard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2009
if you pay attention to the phone that was used to take the picture you can tell that it has the same back that is used to take the pic. if you see the camera hole there is no flash next to it and it has the flash on the opposite side. ;)

If you pay attention to the thread, you'll see that this was mentioned in posts 10, 27 and 33 :p

This to me suggests it's fake, if you had the whole phone why would you only show photo's of the back cover?

RalfTheDog

macrumors 68020
Feb 23, 2010
Lagrange Point
Who cares about the back? Some previous "leaks" have already shown that the iPhone 5's camera flash is on the other side of the back. What we do care is whether there will be a larger edge to edge screen or any curved glass on the FRONT! :D

Who cares about the back? I want to know the pixel count for the super secret back display. Will the back display require glasses for 3d or will it use eye tracking like the front display?

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2010
The phone that took the picture seems to be the new i4s/i5.

This is the original.
i5.jpg

Look at the Apple Logo by adjusting your screen/head so your looking at an upward angle.
i5Updated.jpg

Michael Scrip

macrumors 604
Mar 4, 2011
NC
I still think that the iphone 5 revision is going to be more major than this. What else would take them so long to get this thing out if it's just a revamped iPhone 4?

That's what I'm wondering too.

Apple was able to go from the iPhone 3GS to the iPhone 4 in just one year... and the iPhone 4 was a completely redesigned phone.

Why would it take so long to move the flash to the other side of the case... especially if it's the same case?

Padraig

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2005
That's what I'm wondering too.

Apple was able to go from the iPhone 3GS to the iPhone 4 in just one year... and the iPhone 4 was a completely redesigned phone.

Why would it take so long to move the flash to the other side of the case... especially if it's the same case?

Why do you think it took one year to design the 4? I do agree that the delay of the next iPhone doesn't make sense to me in the context of it having the same basic design.

Michael Scrip

macrumors 604
Mar 4, 2011
NC
Why do you think it took one year to design the 4? I do agree that the delay of the next iPhone doesn't make sense to me in the context of it having the same basic design.

I don't know how long it takes Apple to design anything. You're right... the iPhone 4 was probably in development well before the iPhone 3GS was even released.

All I'm saying is that Apple was able to have the iPhone 3GS on store shelves in June 2009... and the iPhone 4 in June 2010.

Each iPhone has had a summer launch consistently for 4 years... but there are rumors that this next iPhone will launch in September.

If that's true... what's the hold up? Is an extra 3 months really needed if the phone looks basically the same?

I dunno... I'm still thinking the iPhone 4S will come out this summer... but it will have its own small event after WWDC. If the changes are simply a faster processor and a relocated flash... there's no reason to take up stagetime at WWDC.

Apple already caught flack for the delay in the White iPhone... and people have come to expect a new iPhone each summer.

Unless Apple is really trying to move iPhones to the Fall...

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
Starting to feel like an iPhone launch is closer than September. The timing of the recent leaks feels like the typical few weeks before a launch, not the few months others are suggesting.

That's just the vibe I get. Who knows?!

I feel like you're right. With the leak of the actual phone last year, Apple has to be super secretive this year. I expect a "...one more thing" at WWDC.

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
If you pay attention to the thread, you'll see that this was mentioned in posts 10, 27 and 33 :p

This to me suggests it's fake, if you had the whole phone why would you only show photo's of the back cover?

Controlled leaks, this is nothing new. Since Apple never releases vapor ware they do it this way.

Sunreacher

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2011
Jeez guys its a white 3gs taking the picture.

People still use these you know :(

Reasons it's not the 3GS:
  • The 3GS is curved, this one is flat
  • If it was a 3GS, we would see the sleep/power button on the top
  • Not sure about the 3GS, but my 3G (it is dying :() has a metal ring around the lens, this one doesn't have that. We know other prototypes have lacked the metal ring before.

ratzzo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2011
Madrid
This can be just as fake as it can be real... in any case I guess it is almost sure by now the flash position will be moved

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
  • Not sure about the 3GS, but my 3G (it is dying :() has a metal ring around the lens, this one doesn't have that. We know other prototypes have lacked the metal ring before.

How could you possibly see the sleep/powerbutton from that image :rolleyes:

And its got more of a chance being the 3gs than the "New" iPhone. Reasons why:

Why would you take a shiity photo of the back of the new phone when you have a fully working one in your hand? :confused:

Popeye206

macrumors 68040
Sep 6, 2007
NE PA USA
How could you possibly see the sleep/powerbutton from that image :rolleyes:

And its got more of a chance being the 3gs than the "New" iPhone. Reasons why:

Why would you take a shiity photo of the back of the new phone when you have a fully working one in your hand? :confused:

I agree... plus, Apple tends to keep fully working pre-release equipment in-house (or in local bars)... not with part suppliers. :p

jouster

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2002
Connecticut
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Sunreacher said:
Jeez guys its a white 3gs taking the picture.

People still use these you know :(

He didn't say it was a 3GS. He said a 3GS was used to take the picture.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.