a program to display battery % while playing games?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by steelfist, May 22, 2006.

1. steelfist macrumors 6502a

i like to play some games, and the thing that i like to do is sit on the sofa, on battery and play games. i like the idea of freedom and gaming at home. however, sometimes i don't know how much battery i have left. and it's annoying that the computer sleeps, and you plug the power in, and it won't display the login window correctly, because the full screen app is covering it.

any apps?

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Don't know of any apps, but on the battery, there's a button. Press it, and LEDs will light up, showing approximately how much battery you have left.

3. amholl macrumors 6502

also, you could just put it in windowed mode, and then max the size of the window, and it will show the whole menu bar and therefore the battery.

4. gallagb macrumors 6502

gallagb

but not all games work in windowed mode-
    eg: civilization 3
    (unless i'm missing something)

-- also- flipping the machine over to look @ the bottom... yea - u could get killed pretty fast in some games :p
    also- the lights aren't a good gauge of "20 min left" or what not.

5. steelfist thread starter macrumors 6502a

oh well, thanks for the tip.

i read that some new games will have support for laptops, for example, have different resolution, configuration, and quality for battery and cord mode

and for on battery mode it will allow you to see the amount of battery in the game's gui.