A program to have iTunes controls on menu bar?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DigitalN., Jan 3, 2007.

1. DigitalN. macrumors member

hey guys, I know there is an app to do so, but I forget the name. Preferably not taking up too much space, and customizable would be awesome. I have a few icons up there already, and even at 1280x800 space becomes small when you use OSX for a while.

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

PPC or Intel Mac? I sometimes use ByteController on my PowerBook, but I'm not sure if that's Intel-compatible. Synergy is also a popular one that is Universal, but it costs a few bucks.

3. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

is byte free? does it work with growl?

I feel like growl could be so cool, but for some reason I really don't end up having to many notifications pop up other than email???

4. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

Barquee (10$), ByteController (FREE), iTunes Doodad (FREE), M-Beat (10$), Synergy (10$).

5. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

thanks any info on its interaction with growl?

6. DigitalN. thread starter macrumors member

thanks for saying Synergy, that app rules! The overlay is a nice touch. Thanks again!

7. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

umm now this is the random post of the day. joined in jan, newbie, and thanks board for mentioning product two times... wait that's not random, that is called a marketing rep.

8. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Quick....put your tin foil hat back on!

:rolleyes: ;) :D

9. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

hahahaaaaaa, that movie is actually on tv tonight. that was an awesome call. but be honest for a second, how many, if any at all, of the posts on here do you think are affiliated with the product they are discussing?

10. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Very, very few (unless we're talking about developers looking for feedback).

The vast majority of spammers do so obviously, and those posts are deleted within minutes, if not seconds. A very few of the more creative ones take a little longer to ferret out, but it becomes obviously pretty quickly anyway.

Synergy doesn't need to risk its reputation by spamming MacRumors...it's a long-standing, well-liked, well-known app.

11. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

Huh? I think the OP asked for advice, got some, tried out the suggested products, found one he really liked (Synergy) and came and thanked us for making his/her life that much better. Am I missing something?

12. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Nope. :D

13. SBik2 macrumors 6502a

SBik2

i use YouControl Tunes... it works like synergy(customizable look on menu bar,overlay and ticker...) i really like it o ya and Its free!!!!:D

14. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

15. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

nope you are not, but i obviously was:cool: i like admitting I am wrong, it is a nice change from being right on so often. ;) :D