A question about buying from the online Apple Store

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by dferigmu, May 4, 2005.

1. dferigmu macrumors 6502

I wanted to try three cases for the iPod mini. If I buy them from the online Apple Store, am I allowed to return two of them to an Apple Store, like the Tyson's Corner one, or do I have to return them to the factory?

2. iGary Guest

iGary

Why don't you go to www.ipodlounge.com and check out the ratings there, or list the ones you are interested in here so others can comment.

Normally you have to call the online Apple Store for a return authorization and send it back. The brick and mortar Apple Stores don't have any use for stuff they don't stock.

3. dferigmu thread starter macrumors 6502

The three that I found got essentially the same rating everywhere and I wanted to try them.

4. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Are you saying you want to buy 3 cases to try, keep one, and send 2 back? Your wording isn't verry helpfull for us to understand your question. If that is the case, It would be hard to find any company that will support that.

The apple store charges a 10% restock fee if you buy and return to them, but that may only be for large items such as computers and monitors

5. dferigmu thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, that's what I'm saying and it's perfectly normal to do. As a customer, I have the right to try multiple products and choose the one that's best for me. I have ordered the Contour case from Amazon and there's really only one from Apple that I'd like to try, which is the Agent 18 MiniShield. But if I don't like it, then I would like to return it.