A question about Leopard's release

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Maynerd, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Maynerd macrumors regular

Will Apple handle the release of Leopard in a way similar to their hardware products?

What I mean is will they come out one day and say hey here it is and it'll be in stores today? Or will we know in advance of an exact release date in the future?

So if they had a show on say 02/26 would it be:

1. Here is Leopard and it's available today

or

2. Here is Leopard and it'll be available on May 10th 2007

2. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

They will give a date closer to release, and probably a countdown timer will be on the Apple website.

3. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

theyll give a date of release, but at this point it wont be like way in the future. Doesnt matter though cuz they havent said anything since August:(

:apple: :apple: :apple: :apple:

4. Blurg Guest

With Tiger I think they had a two week countdown on their website before it was released. But they didn't specify a release date before then. It was always "1st half 2005" up until the two week countdown.

The difference with Tiger is that they showed off the features twice: once at WWDC and once at MacWorld. With Leopard, they've only given us one preview. Plus no mention of the "Top Secret" features. So it's a little strange.

5. Steven Jackson macrumors 6502

Do we still think there will be some "top secret" features, or was that just marketing hot-air?

Steve.

6. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

I think there will be something. I don't know how revolutionary they will be though...No body knows until later...:eek:

7. McGarvels macrumors 6502

McGarvels

I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting a little anxious about Leopard. We haven't hear anything about it since last August. It's now February, it's being released "Spring" (whatever that means) and WWDC is in June. I'm starting to lose faith that we will hear anything else about it before it's release, whenever that may be...oh right "Spring" (emphasis on the quotations). Top secret features....definitely a marketing ploy. Oh well. Still can't wait to buy it, I just wish Steve would throw us a bone...lol

8. Maynerd thread starter macrumors regular

9. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

My question is how tight lipped are apple store employees? I mean, someone has to notice "Wow, we just got in two large boxes, that say (either) 'Do not open until March 6' or nothing at all" on them."

I dunno, any former apple store employee's care to shed a little light on the topic?

10. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Either way they are not even aloud to browse sites like this.....They are very tight lipped.

11. alongezong macrumors newbie

I've been bugging my friend who works in the Human Resources dept. at Apple about Leopard. He's been trying to get some more info on it, but he did say that he saw one of the software engineers walking around with it on his MacBook Pro and, "it looked nice". Haha, so who knows...

12. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

the release date would be announced long before the boxes get shipped.