A question for you...

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by DakotaGuy, Mar 23, 2002.

1. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

Hey there,

Well it seems the thing I am lacking most is the need for PowerPoint on my computer. Does anyone know of any place that has a good price on MSOffice v.X? It seems so expensive. Is there any places that have better buys on it? I'd really like to get it on my iBook and if I buy it for my iBook can I put it on my iMac DV or do I have to buy two copies or a license to run on two machines even though I own both of them? Or just do it and not tell anyone???LOL

Anyhow I want to know how you guys like the program and if there is anyplace that has a good buy on it.

2. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

I am not sure how M$ lisences work but I think you can have it on two machines at once but not both open at once. Something like that.

I would advise SmallDog but I am not a US mac market person, I am from the little old UK (And I am getting out of here asap!)

Ensign

3. King Cobra macrumors 603

Here is what MacAddict has to say about Microsoft Office.

http://www.macaddict.com/issues/0202/rev.officex.html

If you want to see a comparison with MacWorld, try this:

http://www.macworld.com/2002/02/reviews/office.html

The cheapest that I could find Microsoft Office was $412 for the full version.

http://www.atomicpark.com/cgi-bin/s...uites&database=AtomicMS.csv&template=newM.htm

I am afraid I would not know about having Office on two computers and their licenses.

It does not take a genius to figure it out . . . just someone who uses a Mac.

4. dualburn001 macrumors regular

actually the cheapest one is right here:
    http://www.powermax.com/cgi-global/generate.cgi?p=292744
    $395

5. King Cobra macrumors 603

Powermax has $395? I searched on Dealtime for the cheapest products with the best service. I must have missed it.

I also checked on eBay for this product just now. What about if you could purchase the full version for:

TWO HUNDRED AND FORTY DOLLARS!

Check out eBay and use the search caption:
    Microsoft Office v.X Box. Bidding starts at $240, though. It may become higher!

It does not take a genius to figure it out . . . just someone who uses a Mac.

6. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

are you a student??? do you KNOW a student??

apple education store is the best place for cheap Office.

i tried the newsgroups route, and the office ended up having a macro virus (go figure). but i know people so i got the enterprise version.

7. blackpeter macrumors 6502a

8. dualburn001 macrumors regular

:D :D :D :D :D :D
    nice one

9. Tommy! macrumors regular

I saw Office V.x for OSX at an independant retailer that was an "academic version/edition" for something like $192.00... anyone know what that is?

10. dualburn001 macrumors regular

11. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

re: Abercrombieboy

No you cant have it running on 2 computers according to the MS licence. In fact if you have it running on 2 mac on the same network it wont let you stat them both up at the same time. It goes out and probes you network for other running versions of Office and then compairs the serial numbers. There are hacks for that like port bolcking and other ways... if you wanted to know more about, email me and we can talk.

as for a better price... see if you can get a adaadmeic discount. some schools will sell it for as little as $20 a copy!! My university only sells the Windows version at that price but I hear that some universities sell the Mac version at that price too. (I heard that here at macrumors)

-evildead

12. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

beautiful....haha....

you could try that...