a question to save a pc :(~

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by saxophone, May 31, 2006.

1. saxophone macrumors newbie

May 31, 2006
    um, ok. so i have spent the past three days on my family's mac trying to copy the recovery disc i have so i can reformat and get back on my pc. i really suck with macs and have no idea what i'm doing, so is there a way, oh experienced ones, that i can somehome copy a system recovery disc onto a blank cd that will work as a boot disc on my pc? i'm looking for an application here; assistance much appreciated. thanks kids.
  2. mduser63 macrumors 68040

Nov 9, 2004
    Salt Lake City, UT
    I'm assuming that you already have the system recovery CD (of course if that's the case, why the need for the copy?). Anyway, you can use Disk Utility which is included with Macs to make a disk image (like an ISO) and then burn that to CD. The other option is to use Roxio Toast, that's easier to use, but costs money.

I'm too lazy to type detailed instructions for using Disk Utility to make then burn an image, but it's not particularly hard. You can find Disk Utility in the Utilities folder. You can get to the Utilities folder in the Finder by clicking on Utilities in the Go menu. You can also hit apple-shift-U while in the Finder to bring it up. Hope this helps.
  3. x86 macrumors regular

May 25, 2006
    Dearborn, MI
    Well you could always use the original copy of the recovery disk... Why is it that you need to make a copy anyway?

[edit:] Damn, beat me to it...