A quick job for any interested MR members

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by theenigmat, Jan 7, 2007.

1. macrumors member

I need the following jpeg of Pinky and the Brain transformed into vectors and made larger (2000+ pixels). I did this last year when I had a friend who was good at this and then lost the friend as well as the work... alas... Basically, I need just Pinky and just Brain. The background can be deleted and the figures made larger through vector manipulation and then converted to jpeg. I know this sounds picky and I would do it myself, but I unfortunately can't for the life of me make Live Trace work properly.

Thanks, and let me know if you need any clarification.

Theenigmat

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

hmm so you want some one to take a copy righted work, and convert it to what I assume is for a print project of some kind?

And what will you be paying for this illegal activity?

3. macrumors 6502

OK, let me give you the benefit of the doubt and assume this is not going to be an illegal proyect...What is the final use you'll give to this image?

4. thread starter macrumors member

The artwork would be used to advertise a "Brain Game" that a club on campus is hosting. The "Brain Game" is basically a quiz bowl. I'm not paying anything, nor did I think this was illegal as we are not making any profits from the use of the image.

5. macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

Well I'm not sure if the "we're not making a profit" argument is legit or not. Fair use is very much a grey area.

But you are definitely misusing the word "job", perhaps "I need a favor from a MR member" would have been clearer.

6. macrumors member

Lovely pedantic Mac Rumor users.. the word 'job' does not have to be used in a business capacity only, and is in fact, a turn of phrase. :rolleyes:

7. macrumors 68040

miniConvert

You can't (well, shouldn't) use the image(s) without permission from the rights holder(s), to the best of my knowledge.

8. macrumors 6502

Mydriasis

Here... i sketched the two of them for you. You need to color them yourself.

Its not very good, but you can alter it all you want.

Attached Files:

9. macrumors G3

iMeowbot

And another, in color, because unlike some people I didn't eat my red crayon (the green ones are so much tastier!)

Attached Files:

• pb.pdf
      File size:
      25 KB
      Views:
  10. macrumors 6502

Mydriasis

Show off!!!! :mad:

Just kidding, great job. :D

11. macrumors 6502a

jamdr

Wow, that's a really nice job iMeowbot—this kid's lucky day.