A quick, most likely stupid, question.

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Sumtime19, Jul 11, 2008.

1. macrumors member

If you're buying the iPhone for the unsubsidized price, is it 400 and 500 UP FRONT? Or do you pay the extra $200 as part of the monthly bill? A quick answer would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Move this thread please, wrong section.

2. macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

If it's unsubsidized, how is there a monthly bill?! You pay it all right away.

3. thread starter macrumors member

I guess we can discuss it here.. even though it's in the wrong section. Sorry.

Well I'm not upgrade eligible so aren't i required to buy the unsubsidized? I'm confused now *sigh*.

4. macrumors 6502

Alan Taylor

5. thread starter macrumors member

Whoa buddy you're way out of line here. I calmly accept the fact that I have to pay an extra $200 for the unsubsidized price. Go troll somewhere else.

I'm asking about the process and the aftermath.

6. macrumors 65816

pagansoul

I have not seen it posted anywhere but I would think the 3G would be an additional $200 to the AT&T price. If you don't need 3G (not many places in the US have 3G outside of the big cities) it would be better for you to buy the previous iphone for about $200-300 and jailbreak it to work with your phone company. I've seen T-moble iphones but I think you loose some of the abilities.

7. thread starter macrumors member

I'm on att..

I just want to know can I buy the unsubsidized and it'll be treated like buying a normal subsidized iPhone except for the extra $200, and it won't be all complicated and whatnot.

Also, if you pay the extra $200 upfront or overtime.

8. macrumors 68020

dccorona

probably too late
    but you pay it all up front
    not on your cell bill
    otherwise, how could the government tax you for it?