A Real Eye-Opener: Opinions?

Discussion in 'Community' started by skunk, Aug 7, 2005.

1. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I found this website today. Have a browse through the Q&A section. I'd be fascinated to know what any Muslims think of these pronouncements. For that matter, I'd like to know what any non-Muslims - or Sunni Muslims - feel.

http://www.sistani.org/html/eng/main/index.php?page=4&part=1

Is this guy for real? Is he really in charge of a large part of Iraq?

Excerpt:

And that's just for starters.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Well, chalk another one up for "diversity"

Wonder how long this will last in "Community" before it heads to the "Political" forum.

Lots of interesting stuff here though...

Good to know all of his answers carry the "official seal"

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

Strange, especially when Chess was probably invented in Iran.

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

How about this...

Friendship:

Question:I wanted to know about friendship norms in islam about females ?

Answer:Friendship with her is not permissible. Because in such friendship man is not immune from sin.

Handshaking:

Question:Are shaking of hands with girls allowed?

Answer:It is not permissible.

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

5. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

I thought it was worth a try: more people will see it on this forum. I'd really like to hear some opinions.

6. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Or this...

Cat's Hair

Question:What is your ruling about cat's hair on a person's dress during salat?

Answer:Cat's hair does not invalidate prayer.

Whew! That's good to know...

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

7. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Came close on "Abortion". See all ya'll when this gets over to the "Political Forum".
    X

8. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Kissing:

Question:Is it allowed to kiss a child?

Answer:1. Itself has no problem.

What does that mean? Itself has no problem????

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

9. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

Try this one for size:
    For a real treat, try the section on "menstrual blood".

10. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

A two month fast :eek:

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

11. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

Perhaps that should be in the "Counting Calories" thread.

12. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Copyrights ( 1 )
    Number : 1
    Question:What is the ruling on copying computer software, movies, audio CDs and other such things, which bear the wording “All Rights Reserved” or “Copyright”? Does this rule apply equally to Muslim made products and those made by individuals and or companies which are not Muslim?

Answer:Copyrights must be respected; it is not permissible to copy a product, if it is against law.
    X

13. faintember macrumors 65816

faintember

Question:Is it permissible for woman to visit the graveyard?

Answer:It is permissible.

Ummmm.....:confused:

14. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

So, is this a pretext to discuss why islamist think the western world are infidels and should we be destroyed, or am i jumping to conclusions?

15. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

No, it isn't. I was amazed that several hundred million people try to live by these rules, and keen to hear what some of those people actually thought of them. Unfortunately, it seems that no Muslims have posted yet, and I rather doubt that they will. I'm simply trying to understand the attraction. Unsuccessfully so far.

16. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

When Harry Met Sally was right, then.
    Friendship:
    Question:I wanted to know about friendship norms in islam about females ?

Answer:Friendship with her is not permissible. Because in such friendship man is not immune from sin.

X

17. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Yes, I would tend to think that extremists and fundamentalists believe we are infidels. Just like extremist and fundamentalists in our country believe they (and the rest of us) are infidels.

Bottom line, throughout the world: Everyone believes "their way" is the "right way" and there is no tolerance for "the other way".

The middle east has oil so they have money and power.

Africa has little in they manner of resources, so they have no power so millions are diseased and/or starving.

South America has drugs, so they have money and power.

North American and Asian countries are somewhat advanced, so (they/we) have some money and some power.

It's going to take more education about others and continued tolerance to come to peaceful agreements on utilizing world resources so all of humankind can survive. Right now I'd say there are many people who don't care if their neighbor lives or not.

18. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

The thread's not an hour old, and I doubt many Muslims have access or even know about this sight. I believe someone will post eventually, hopefully about their desires for peace.

19. faintember macrumors 65816

faintember

I second that.

Sorry if my posting from the QnA was offensive to anyone. I was somewhat shocked to see information about a religion that i know nothing of stated in a QnA form. I bet most belief systems would seem somewhat strange to a person that is not apart of the belief system shown in the QnA style.

20. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I think that probably like most religions there is a large disconnect between what is stated as doctrine and what is actually lived out in the lives of the followers.

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

21. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

On the contrary, there are quite a number of Muslim members on this board.

22. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

Of course. But I'm still keen to hear their thoughts. This is not the site of some radical loony fundamentalist. This is the mainstream, at least as far as the Shia are concerned.

23. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

There's your answer.

Naïvely, I imagined that, as at least some Catholics would defend Vatican doctrine, and some Creationists would defend theirs, some Muslims might want to jump in and explain how they view this site.

24. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

Sorry not the hijack this thread.

I think your generalization of South America is somewhat too broad. South American doesn't have power, the rich people in South America have power regardless if they are king pin or not. Even politicians in South America get rich because of the culture of politics there. (Hence rich people have power) There is a huge disconnect between people of poverty and rich people in South America. Although to broadly say drugs are the main source of power in South American is quite naive. For example, Mexico ranked 14th in the in the highest GDP in world with 1.006 trillion dollars and right after Canada in rank. Agentina is ranked 24 in GDP with large amounts of livestock and other farm type of exports, plus they are 27th in oil production in the world. Venezuela is 11th in oil production in the world and 52nd in GDP. Then there this the Panama Canal, which is of some stragetic importance. In other words, the king pins don't control it all. the countries political influence with matters of trade, immigration, and military and political cooperation yield a lot of power. also, people like hugo chavez and fidel castor working together and perhaps help spread the idea of communism thoughtout south america and there constant bush bashing wields considerable power because the US current administration.

I can't speak for Africa, I've only visted 1 African country ever.

As far Asia being more advanced then I'd tend to agree with that with the larger countries. However, in some instances that is not the case. For example, a lot of China is still undeveloped, and lets not even talk about North Korea. Places like Malaysia, South Korea, Taiwan, HK, and Japan are very developed.

25. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Thank you, for at least not letting such an ignorant statement go, unchecked.
    X