A REAL Powerbook 1GHz?!?

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by MacAztec, Jun 26, 2002.

1. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

So an apple executive allowed a stranger to play around on his/her secret prototype. Riiiight.......:rolleyes:

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I have to agree with britboy there, I really can't see top apple people wandering around with prototype kit avialable for all to see.
    That would be plain stupid!

3. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

hmmm....

i don't totally disbelieve this one. i guess it could happeen. on another note, how long has that slaptech site been around? this is my first time seeing it. looks like a cool little page. i'll definitely check it out again.

4. drastik macrumors 6502a

drastik

I don't know. IF they are meeting with top software heads, a showing off of how well the next mobile units will handle the software might be in order. Sort of a reassurance for the developers.

Realistically, we all know that such a thing most likely exists, but wether its fctional enough, not too hot and doesn't swallow batteries whole, is another question. I don't see an army of execs toting around prototypes, but maybeits closer than we think. The raedon makes since, it could take advantage of Quartz.

And, there was that press relese from Aus., probably a missprint, but maybe not, thats what makes it fun.:D

5. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

britboy...

sorry about the double post but I notice we have the same signature. i guess you're a Dune fan too. how long have you been using it? if you had it first i'd be happy to change mine.

6. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

Re: britboy...

Ha! Yeah, i love that film. Saw it a few years ago, and have wanted to own it since. If it's out on DVD then i'll be getting it as soon as i'm back in the UK.

I've been using it for about 2 weeks now i think. You've *probably* had it longer. Don't worry about changing your sig though, I was going to change my this evening anyway :)

7. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

Re: Re: britboy...

that's cool. and the DVD is out and rocks really hard. yet another classic from the master david lynch. make sure you buy the original and not the "remake". it's pretty awful.

8. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

i beleive that Apple have a 1GHz TiBook, i mean, they have to release one sometime. even better to hear that it will have a 64MB video card!:D

9. AtlantaGuy macrumors member

Re: hmmm....

Well, the domain was just registered on 6/5/02 and belongs to:

John Smith slaptech@operamail.com 000-000-0000
    SlapTech
    P. O. Box 00000
    Beverly Hills,CA,United States 90210

Double hmmm....