a really easy Airport question! my boss needs help!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by czeluff, Mar 6, 2007.

1. czeluff macrumors 6502

hello to all, if you can help me solve this, it'll help me look good at work :)

at my boss' home, he has some generic DSL Modem+ wireless router all-in-one thing. He also has an Aiport, and wants to use it to extend the range of the modem/router signal. Is it possible to do this on an Airport? If so, any tutorial?

Usually, i'd try to figure something like this out, but the equipment is at his home. So i have no way of testing this out.

cz

2. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

This is what I found in Help:

Attached Files:

3. Mr Skills macrumors 6502a

Mr Skills

I think he meant extending the range of a wireless network, not adding wireless to an ethernet network. In other words, using the airport as a bridge. Of course, airports can extend eachother, but is there a not-too-ridiculously-technical way to use an airport to extend another brand of base station?

At least that's what I think the question is :) and I'd be quite interested myself because everything I've ever found on the subject seems really complicated to set up...

4. lag1090 macrumors 6502

Your best option would to buy a similar wireless access point to connect to the modem/router combo box, whether it be through a wireless or wired connection. Trying to do this with an Airport base station may be somewhat tricky, as they aren't as friendly with an existing third-party router.