Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
I'm guessing it will be mostly a feature parity match with the current 9.7".

https://www.macrumors.com/2016/07/25/images-of-ipad-pro-2-surface/

If the mid-tier model will be the 256gb, replacing the 128gb...that's a big plus.

I really hope that they increase the battery though (10.5 hrs is not nearly long enough) and include the more powerful 29W charger...simply too long to charge w/the 12W one.

I might just get this then...I never buy gen1 of anything.

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
10.5 hrs isn't long enough?

My iPP last a day... That's all I can pretty much ask for and when it's time for bed I put it on a charger for the night.

For a 1st gen product it's a safe bet... And it's a iPad, so technically it's not a 1st gen.

Yes...battery life could and should be better. It's merely adequate right now.

The 12W charger has got to go though.

And Apple's move to release it with 128gb max instead of waiting till the 256gb was ready was a gen1 type move. And that's putting it kindly.

Fortunate that I didn't get that on that boat. Some people's memories are short around here.

Last edited:

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Yes...battery life could and should be better. It's merely adequate right now.

The 12W charger has got to go though.

And Apple's move to release it with 128gb max instead of waiting till the 256gb was ready was a gen1 type move. Fortunate that I didn't get that in that boat.
Merely adequate? It last a day... How many hours are you looking for?

I do agree that the 12w has to go, but battery life that exist now is perfectly fine.

Reactions: chabig and ABC5S

MagicHAM

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2013
Australia
I have found the Ipad Pro's battery to be quite fantastic for the heavy use i give it. Usually every few days i have to charge it, mainly reading, document creation in office, House plans etc etc and note taking. Okay not much intensity but my project documents outline are done on the ipad. :p

Battery life performs at how you want it to perform with the tasks you want to do. if you use it intensely every day then yeah it's going to drain quicker :p

Reactions: tgara

iSheep5S

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2013
Scotland
You people are insane. My 12.9 lasts a week plus. It's at least a 12+ hour battery.

I agree it's not a first gen when it's not a new idea, just bigger.

I for one am not upgrading. ☺️

But I'm surprised it is being refreshed already with the current specs.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
There's no way that's an iPad Pro. It might be an iPad Mini from the size of the hand next to it.

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
Merely adequate? It last a day... How many hours are you looking for?

I do agree that the 12w has to go, but battery life that exist now is perfectly fine.

12 hrs would be right.

Look at the Anandtech review - pro 12.9" lasted 10.45 hrs in the web browser wifi test. Needs to be better.

Last edited:

Coolpher

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2008
Seattle,WA
I agree with Michael Goff I think it's an iPad mini I have had 12.9 Pro since December and I honestly don't plain to Uprade to Gen 2 of Pro 12.9 I can see it now they add the latest camera the A10X processor a little bit faster same 4gb of ram, no 3D Touch, same 4 Amazing speakers Myabe Gen2 Touch ID, maybe they release new Smark Keyboard ether in more colors options or with backlit keys or both either way I think it will work on both 1st and 2nd gens of the 12.9 pro The 1st gen Smart Keyboard is Amazing and I use it everyday using it now to type this out

within a month of owning mine I got the USB-C and the 29W charger anyone that has a 12.9 pro or is getting one it is worth upgrading the cable and the power adapter for the price I don't think Apple will replace the 12w USB with the USB-C equipment

If you think there will be more added realistically to gen 2 Pro 12.9 iPad please reply would love to get other peoples opinion

Reactions: ABC5S

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
I agree with Michael Goff I think it's an iPad mini I have had 12.9 Pro since December and I honestly don't plain to Uprade to Gen 2 of Pro 12.9 I can see it now they add the latest camera the A10X processor a little bit faster same 4gb of ram, no 3D Touch, same 4 Amazing speakers Myabe Gen2 Touch ID, maybe they release new Smark Keyboard ether in more colors options or with backlit keys or both either way I think it will work on both 1st and 2nd gens of the 12.9 pro The 1st gen Smart Keyboard is Amazing and I use it everyday using it now to type this out

within a month of owning mine I got the USB-C and the 29W charger anyone that has a 12.9 pro or is getting one it is worth upgrading the cable and the power adapter for the price I don't think Apple will replace the 12w USB with the USB-C equipment

If you think there will be more added realistically to gen 2 Pro 12.9 iPad please reply would love to get other peoples opinion

Of course, gen1 owners will probably stand pat. TT and camera upgrade isn't compelling enough to justify the extra money.

Charger upgrade is my wish...Apple is cheap and probably won't do it. But it really needs it...as evident as the nose on your face.

Last edited:
Reactions: ABC5S

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
I have found the Ipad Pro's battery to be quite fantastic for the heavy use i give it. Usually every few days i have to charge it, mainly reading, document creation in office, House plans etc etc and note taking. Okay not much intensity but my project documents outline are done on the ipad. :p

Battery life performs at how you want it to perform with the tasks you want to do. if you use it intensely every day then yeah it's going to drain quicker :p
I was spoiled by my iPad 4.... 13-14+ hours easily with extremely heavy use. Never had an iPad before or since that came close to that. Having said that, the battery life on my 12.9 iPP is fine.

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
Last edited:

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
You are on quite a roll! Outstanding and well done!!! :)

In case people are wondering, here are other predictions made by SteveJobzniak:
  • There will be blockbuster sales on electronics on the day after Thanksgiving
  • The 2017 Chevy Corvette will be the follow-on to the 2016 Chevy Corvette
  • Purchasing items with the cash in your pocket will cause you to have less cash in your pocket
  • Holding ice cubes in your hand will make your hand cold
  • Within 24 hours a new day will dawn
did I miss any? ;):p

just having a little fun.

Seriously though, you jumped the gun. That Oct 2016 is just a rumor. You should've waited until/if it happened.

Coolpher

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2008
Seattle,WA
Of course, gen1 owners will probably stand pat. TT and camera upgrade isn't compelling enough to justify the extra money.

Charger upgrade is my wish...Apple is cheap and probably won't do it. But it really needs it...as evident as your nose on your face.

TT ?

temna

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2008
Th

The black I think is a 12.9" model, the white is definitely not.

You sure it's a black model, and not the same device with the flash turned off? Either way, the bezel is the same as the white one, so still not a 12.9 model..

Reactions: Coolpher
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.