Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scem0

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
Please mods, don't close this thread, I'm not going to argue about whether or not the GayWay should have been closed, that is now what this thread is about. It would be very tasteless to close or wasteland this thread given how long I've been here.

This thread is about me. I started posting here more than 3 years ago. Since then I have mosted over 6,000 times, and I'll admit, I was trying to increase my postcount the first year of posting. I have long since abandoned such frivolities. I absolutely love MacRumors, but there just isn't anything to keep me here any longer. I don't prefer Macs to PCs or vice versa, I think that now-days, they are pretty much the exact same thing. I don't even use/like computers that much anymore.

I have become rather attached to many of the members here, if you want to talk to me feel free to email me at emomac at gmail dot com or you can find me at the relocated Gayway: http://com1.runboard.com/bthegayway as EmersonM.

Thank you for being my homepage for the past 3 years, community discussion, but I am now departing. There are no hard feelings against 99.9% of the members here, I am leaving peacefully and respectfully.

6,426 is the new 0,

_Emerson

Guitarius

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2004
Louisiana
Well, there comes a time in every man's life where he must move on to new things. Now is that time for you. So goodbye, and good luck. Such is life I guess. These things happen.

Have fun in NYC. Be safe. Be careful.

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
Like im sure you will never come back to MR

just as im sure you wont ever post here again,

I mean 6000+ posts is nice, but jeez man what makes you "mr so special" u need a 21 gun salute as you "leave" the forums.

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
all this over the mods closing that gayway thread ?

sad to see you go , but a little of a drama queen i think.

Macrumors will always be here if you fancy coming back

Flying Llama

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2004
Los Angeles
I have always hated those long goodbyes in the movies, even though I knew that sometimes it must be done. :(
But thank you for saying goodbye, instead of just leaving. Have a great time, scem0

llama

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
Don't know how much I'll be around here either anymore to tell the truth. That was what kept me coming back often. That and I always love discussing upgrades and and the latest OS X versions. It just won't be as much a part of my life anymore. But that's cool, whatever. It's not our site. I have met some great new friends face to face, such as PlaceofDis and Chip NovaMac. Most likely you're next scem0 and maybe iGary at some point. BTW- you know this isn't goodbye between you and me scem0, it's just the beginning of hello. :)

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
It's always sad to see a long time member leave. I've no idea why that thread was closed, it wasn't one I was involved with. I'm sure you'll be back sometime!

Take it easy :)

Zaid

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2003
London
I'll be joining Lee and Scem0. I doubt I'll be posting here anymore.

To all of the gang that made the gay way thread so much fun please join up at the site scem0 mentioned.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Sdashiki said:
Like im sure you will never come back to MR

just as im sure you wont ever post here again,

I mean 6000+ posts is nice, but jeez man what makes you "mr so special" u need a 21 gun salute as you "leave" the forums.

Charming. :rolleyes:

See you around, scem0. Don't do anything I wouldn't do... :)
BV
x

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
Wow, I just realized (after reading other threads not this one) that you are leaving because of some sort of gay thread bashing done? Wow, someone is really taking it personally.

6000+ posts in one thread isnt reason enough to bring another thread to the forefront with the same peeple going back and forth with comments.

IMO, i hate post whores. So I self hate.

edit: so I re-read your first post again and again, and it seems you think that being here 3+ years makes you "special"? Also the only thing keeping you on a MACINTOSH COMPUTER forum was the gay threads? Jeez thats so silly.

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
Sad to see you all leave, especially you scem0. There were a lot of threads I saw you in and I always appreciated your insight and comments.

Have fun on this new chapter of internet-life, hopefully you remember MR fondly. :eek:

Bonne nuit, and good luck ;)

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
Sdashiki said:
Wow, I just realized (after reading other threads not this one) that you are leaving because of some sort of gay thread bashing done? Wow, someone is really taking it personally.

6000+ posts in one thread isnt reason enough to bring another thread to the forefront with the same peeple going back and forth with comments.

edit: so I re-read your first post again and again, and it seems you think that being here 3+ years makes you "special"? Also the only thing keeping you on a MACINTOSH COMPUTER forum was the gay threads? Jeez thats so silly.

If you hate post whores so much, stop being one. This thread obviously has no meaning for you and unless you're saying goodbye there is no point for you to post in it....other than gaining some posts *cough whore cough* :rolleyes:

If you happen to care, there are a lot of people on these forums who interact with each other for more than just a "what OS are you running" type conversation. Saying goodbye was a nice gesture on scem0's part. Sadly, you couldn't follow suit and keep your mouth shut on a topic you personally disagree with.

njmac

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Goodbye Emerson. I will miss you here at MR. I loved reading about your adventures.... and I'm rooting for you and Lee to finally get together;)

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
i hope you have fun in nyc and at parsons (great school), and if for some chance, you get bored for an hour or so, do come back

in all the years i have seen ambitiouslemon, mischief, john123, spikey, kela, ensign paris, and eyelikeart (and many others) disappear or greatly reduce their posts here, and it's kind of sad to see any oldtimer of macrumors go

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
Sdashiki said:
... I mean 6000+ posts is nice, but jeez man what makes you "mr so special" u need a 21 gun salute as you "leave" the forum

If, as you suggest, Emerson’s final post was intended to be the equivalent of a 21-gun salute, then it must be said that he failed miserably. However, he did not fail inasmuch as his message was totally in line with the title he selected – namely, it was a respectful goodbye.

There was no misdirected animus, harsh sarcasm nor was an opportunity used to get on a soapbox. A member should be entitled to express personal displeasure with the closing of a particularly meaningful thread (GayWay), and share thoughts with those he came to know well over the course of 3 years plus. Good luck to you, Emerson … be well.

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
leaving is an ambiguous word when you talk about "online"

he'll be back. everyone comes crawling back.

cough cough, if you looked in the quote of what I said, I said I AM A POST whore, so yer COUGH COUGH sarcasm is not well founded.

angelneo

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2004
afk
I would read that thread from time to time, kinda of happy to see that thread bought those people closer. I'm not surprised that the thread was closed down, seeing how things are run here. Anyway, sad to see you go. Hope you would come back soon, emerson

angelneo

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2004
afk
Sdashiki said:

I don't think they were post whores. I believe they have formed a strong bond among the participants to a point that they were just conversing in that thread, which I think this forum weren't equiped to handle. I would imagine his disappointment because in no way, which the mod has announced, that any thread relating to that is to be brought back. so in a way those participants were not allowed to converse on that level anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.