A right-click PDF converter a la Windows style?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by laserbeam273, Apr 2, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

On Windows at work for all types of docs I frequently right click -> convert to PDF. Don't even need to open it, don't need to set up a fancy automator program.

How can I do this on OS X? Is there some hidden built-in support, or is there a good program (preferably from the MAS) that I need to get?

2. macrumors member

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

That's not what I'm looking for - that takes opening the document, going to Print, then Print to PDF. A lot longer than just right clicking a file. Unless of course you know how to get the "Print to PDF" option in the right click menu.

4. macrumors regular

5. dZp, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012

dZp
    macrumors 6502a

dZp

6. thread starter macrumors 6502

Alright, looks like automator is the way to go, probably about time I learn to do that stuff. Thanks for the help.

7. macrumors newbie

Hey! well it would be kind of awkward, but i want to ask if you know more about the one windows has... right now i'm working on a windows and it would be really usefull... previously i actually had it in my own windows (i don't know where it came from, but i was just happy to have it) but now that i'm in a different windows that doesn't have it :(....