A road map out of Iraq

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by IJ Reilly, Feb 11, 2007.

1. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-op-brzezinski11feb11,0,7746114.story

2. furious macrumors 65816

furious

What America need to do is send in 100 000 extra troops to control security. It is unfortunate that the army, navy, airforce, marines need to be in a policing role but blame Bush and the GOP. With that many extra troops the borders could be controlled better, towns and cities could be patrolled more regularly. The troops would have to be working along side the Iraqi troops. That is to say a platoon would be American and Iraqi. Not one platoon American one Iraqi. So they work together, along side each other. And learn from each other.

3. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

The article sounds good to me. I think he's absolutely right to think that if we go to war with Iran, as the Bush administration wants, we're talking a 20-year, Middle-East wide war that will only end once American pre-eminence in the world is a distant memory.

4. takao macrumors 68040

takao

that plan didn't work the last 4 years

that aside the article was very interesting thanks for that IJ Reilly

5. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

good piece. too bad there are no grown-ups in the current administration.

6. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

That is exactly what the US does not need to do. Fuel to the flames. Brzezinski has it just about right.

7. IJ Reilly thread starter macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

He has had it just about right from the beginning. In fact I can't recall any statement that Brzezinski has made over the course of this fiasco that hasn't proven to be on the money.