A sickening thing

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by GeeYouEye, Mar 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

link

The first and third paragraphs speak for themselves.

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Very sick indeed. And this type of behavior should not be allowed to continue, it's time for action...

3. iGav macrumors G3

Re: A sickening thing

it truly is horiffic, in the UK the majority of the media seem to have taken a very 'Anti-War' stance, indeed it's very difficult to find any reports on anyone who supports the conflict, for instance there was a 'Pro-War' march in London last week, by former Iraqi citizens with first hand experience of SH regime, yet could you find the same coverage, the same hyper for this as when the 'Anti-War' march was on a month ago?? Not bloody likely....

It's a shame that both sides of the story are not being reported over here in equal measure to inform people more equally with regards to what is happening in Iraq under the rule of SH, and so that they can be better informed to make a decision.

I was watching a Sky News interview with a former Iraqi citizen who was in support of the War, but the total drivel, and lack of knowledge that was coming accross from the interviewer was truly gob-smacking.... almost as though she knew more about life under the SH regime than a former citizen..... :rolleyes:

4. iGav macrumors G3

I'm with you there...

5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

But the bigger issue here is not only getting Sadam, but all those who played this game with him. If we just remove Sadam, what's to stop someone else coming along and doing the same thing?

Ugh! Why would France, China and Russia not go along with the armed intervention? It really doesn't make any sense.

D

6. cc bcc macrumors 6502

Too bad we're so selective. It's so sad, but these things happen on a daily basis throughout the world and we don't do anything.

Calling this a reason to go to war is hypocryt, we should attack half Africa because of this, but we don't. Not interested. No money there. It's not a threat to us. So who cares?.. This war is not about these terrible things. I'm not sure what it really is about, but it's not about things like these.
    This is a new form of propaganda. I don't doubt that it's true, but it's very selective newsgathering. Sadam has been doing these things for so long, and now all of the sudden we care?! That makes me sick.

7. beatle888 macrumors 68000

beatle888

this article says how france will join forces with the US if saddam uses chemical/biological weapons.

link

8. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

Two reasons: A) Because their populations are much more opposed to war than the US population. and B) because it doesn't serve their strategic interests.

Now before you think that I'm against France or Germany, let me assure you I am not. The US's selfish actions through the years far overshadows these somewhat questionable acts on the part of France.

How many times have we turned a blind eye to civil rights violations? How many times have we acted in violation of the civil rights of citizens of other nations or violated the rights of a soveirgn nation?

For more reading, see this thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22388

And before you criticize me for bringing so-called superfulous information into this discussion, I'll counter with this: don't ever tell me that we are trying to do the morally right thing here.

The fact that we bring such a topic up in these discussions is laughable. There in very little evidence in our history that we EVER get involved for moral right and wrong. We get involved simply to serve our own immediate purposes.

Look at our history. Look at the war crimes we have committed. Look at our refusal to submit our officials to a world court. Take a long hard look at the evidence.

Then try to tell me with a straight face that American policy serves anything but the immediate wants of those in power.

Taft

9. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

Agreed. It is a sickening justification for war. We are not the champions of peace, justice and human rights that the Bush administration would have you believe we are.

Face facts.

Taft

10. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.