A simple question about Parallels!

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Nym, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Nym macrumors 6502a

Nym

Hi everyone!

I've been trying Parallels and I have a doubt:

I know about the keyboard shortcut to switch Windows to Fullscreen (that cool "cube" rotate effect), anyway, how do I switch from one OS to the other and always keep the Windows window minimized or hidden from my OSX desktop? The thing that annoys me is that whenever I'm in Windows (through Parallels) and press the keyboard shortcut to rotate back to OSX, when it comes back to OSX I have a giant Windows window on top, and that's ugly any day of the week :D

Thx in advance :)

2. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

i find the combination of VirtueDesktop and Parallels to be great. have Windows one 1 desktop maximized, then i just hit Shift+Crtl+(left arrow) and the screen rotates to my OS X desktop with no sight of the Parallels window running other than in the dock.

3. Nym thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nym

Ah, great :D did you set up that shortcut yourself or is it a Parallels default one? Will try when I get home from work, it was a little annoying showing off Windows and OSX working together and whenever I came back from Windows there was that giant window covering my OSX desktop :) thx for the help!

4. charkshark macrumors member

charkshark

haha, nice.