A site in need of enlightening

Discussion in 'Community' started by G4scott, Aug 16, 2002.

1. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

Take a look at this site:

http://www.jsmagic.com/spam/

His name is Jacob Stevens, he's 12 years old, (or maybe 13) and lives in kentucky... You can tell him what you think by e-mailing him at MagicGuy110@aol.com, or IM him...

I just thought some of you here would like to enlighten him on the superiority of the Mac (am I starting to sound like hitler :p )

It's kinda funny, since all of his points are opinions and stupid jokes. I sent him an e-mail debunking all of his 27 points as to why he thinks Macs suck. It's a good laugh, really...

2. vniow macrumors G4

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
    Omigod, that's the funniest thing I've ever read on an Mac-hater's site, It's also pathetic condisering he's 12 and doesn't know **** and posts up stupid bullmilk like that. It's a good read though.
    :p

3. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I guess mac users just mature earlier. When I was 13 I was praising the virtues of the MacOS and the open-source movement even though no one knew what I was talking about. (I could make a better website then that too) :rolleyes:

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Worst part is, this one Mac joke is almost true.

5. vniow macrumors G4

I just sent him an e-mail daring him to come to this site. See if he shows up, hehehehehe :D

6. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

25. Have you ever wondered why the new Macintosh mice don't have the little ball in the bottom of the mouse? Because Apple couldn't afford them.

No true techie, PC or Mac, would insult a good optical mouse.

7. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Ahhh, satire...gotta love it...if you get it.:p

8. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Ignore him. He's just trying to get hits and people all riled up over nothing. There are planty of reasons to like PCs over Macs (though at the moment I'm writing this on a PC and can't for the life of me think of a good one). But there are so many games for the PC!!! Puh. Anyone who's argument is "Apple can't afford floppies and balls in their mice" is obviously not all that bright.

"It's so hard to eject a CD form the Mac". I wanted to e-mail him just to tell him that there's an eject key ON THE KEYBOARD. Or just drag it to the trash. Duh. Do you know how hard it is to eject a CD from a PC without leaning over to manually eject it (my PC's on the floor, under stuff).

Look at the name of his little "Organization". SPAM. And he still refers to PCs as IBMs. That's funny.

Somebody send this loser a virus.

Where's your PC now Funnyboy. HA!!!

9. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Hard to tell on the PC side. Someone told me that they hated Macs because the cases make PCs look bad (and yes he was serious)

10. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

did you double-dog-dare him?
    gotta sink to the level of an ignorant 12 yearold.

11. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

What would be funny is if he did show up (if it's an acutal 12 year old and not someone messing around, as I believe) and tried to tell everyone how bad Macs are, only to have his head bashed in by someone like AlphaTech...

…he would be scarred for life...and hate Macs even more.:eek: :D

12. vniow macrumors G4

Oh God, that's just cruel, sticking Alpha on the poor little 6th grader. :rolleyes:
    Not if I get to him first. I'd love to be in my first flame war.:D
    Although I would have to sink down to a 12 year old level...damn.

13. Vector macrumors 6502a

Vector

He is a twelve year old PC user so he is an ill-informed tool of microsoft who being young thinks he knows it all and does not want to hear the truths about macs. Although i did like the joke about ellen feiss.

14. King Cobra macrumors 603

>(Royal Pineapple)did you double-dog-dare him?
    gotta sink to the level of an ignorant 12 yearold.

Don't keep up with the Jones; bring them down to your level. :p :rolleyes:

Normally, this would be my place to get involved in flamewars, but...

I'm now trying to give up flamewars and offending posts. Seriously. :)

15. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

edvniow,

Three comments, by line:

1. proof/edit - sticking might be considered a lewd act.
    2. No comment
    3. I'll leave this to someone else.

16. King Cobra macrumors 603

I have a few comments as well:
    (1) Grow
    (2) Up
    (3) peecee
    (4) Teen.

>23. Macintosh font sizes only go up to 255. IBM fonts go up to size 1638!

Man, he needs to update his page to OS X levels, so he can sound more like a jerk. :rolleyes: Try using something like the Stickies in OS X. I have been able to go up to 10000+ pt. Use the font panel.

If he would direct his attention to our old friend Bill Gates vs. GM he may want to change his mind about cars and peecees.

17. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

9. What is up with there not being an actual power button on the computer itself. You use the keyboard button. I can do that on my PC but I also have a button on my tower. Yeesh, I guess that would cost Apple too much to have another button.

I can't even recall a Mac with no power button. :confused:
    (Unless you go to the ancient history archives circa 1992)

18. Vector macrumors 6502a

Vector

I thought that the font point was stupid since it is not only inaccurate, but also completely pointless. Who really needs a font size of several thousand you would barely be able to distinguish any element of the letters even on a large monitor even in graphics i have never used anything that large.

19. King Cobra macrumors 603

The bigger the font, the easier it is for peecee users to read banners [printed from an Epson 9500] that have printed on any of the various catch phrases of the peecee world: "For a crash prone notebook, remove Titanium covering." :D :p

20. job macrumors 68040

job

Idiot Showcase reborn!

This thread reminds me of my "Idiot Showcase #1" thread from a while back... ;) :p

21. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I got as far as this and didn't bother with anything else.

27. I figured out why Apple used colored plastic for the iMacs - because they couldn't afford the beige cases.

I hope he doesn't come here, it will only incite a flame war and he just wants attention any way, why give it to him.

D

22. bunton macrumors member

ha

he makes fun of how apple uses colored cases and pc's are beige then has a joke about how elephants are grey like macs??? what the hello?

23. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Ever try to design a billboard with 12 point typefaces? :D

24. Geert macrumors 6502a

Geert

If he really is 12, then his father will be a peecheese user, who whispered him to set something like this up, because he's too ignorant to do it himself.:D

25. Vector macrumors 6502a

Vector

<sarcasm> Yes they never turn out very well, people are always squinting and cannot figure out what they say. <sarcasm>

I meant that for the most part a very small minority will ever use a billboard sized font. So the kids point was irrelevant being that it only applies to a small group of designers.