Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Marguz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2012
I want to buy a sleeve from apple store for a 2012 MBA model.what do you think about timbak2? Thule? Acme? Are these really the only one for an air in apple store (13 inches)

DET2PHL

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2012
knomo leather sleeve. A little pricey, but beautiful, well made and good protection.

Marguz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2012
Thank you!
I have to choose between the three sleeves that apple offers online.So if you had to choose what will you go for? Timbak2, Acme or Thule?
Is that an option to buy the incase Neoprine case for macbook pro and put the Air inside it? will it protect it?

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2012
UK
Thank you!
I have to choose between the three sleeves that apple offers online.So if you had to choose what will you go for? Timbak2, Acme or Thule?
Is that an option to buy the incase Neoprine case for macbook pro and put the Air inside it? will it protect it?

I'd suggest buying the case for the air not the pro otherwise it might bobble about.

I'm going to buy for the knomo sleeve too, I have their 10" bungo messenger bag which has been battered for a year since buying my first iPad and looks as good as the day I got it. Customer service excellent and husbands bigger kilkenny also looks pristing. I'm guessing you're not in the uk as they have these online and instore. If the sleeve was bed sized, you'd climb in and nod off straight away!

mikeytrend

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Incase makes a slip sleeve for the air. It's what I'm planning on buying for mine.

DO NOT get anything that has a zipper if you can avoid it. Case makers are getting better with this, but more often than not, the metal teeth of the zipper end up scratching your computer before you do.

EDIT: link for 11"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.