A sleeve for MBA

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Marguz, Jun 21, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Jun 19, 2012
    I want to buy a sleeve from apple store for a 2012 MBA model.what do you think about timbak2? Thule? Acme? Are these really the only one for an air in apple store (13 inches)
  2. macrumors 6502a

Nov 10, 2008
    I like the incipio sleeve available online. Nice look and feel, protective and very slim. Not real leather though.
  3. macrumors newbie

Apr 28, 2012
    knomo leather sleeve. A little pricey, but beautiful, well made and good protection.
  4. macrumors 6502a

Sep 28, 2008
    The Acme Made sleeve is one of the best around, I got one for my 13" and one for my wife's 11"...its padded, slim, and has stiff sides which protect the computer very well. Not to mention a strap to hold everything together....I put my comp in this sleeve and in my bag every time I go anywhere....

Here is an amazon link to it:
  5. macrumors member

Jun 13, 2012
    Thick Ascending Limb
  6. macrumors 65832

Dec 9, 2011
  7. thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 19, 2012
    Thank you!
    I have to choose between the three sleeves that apple offers online.So if you had to choose what will you go for? Timbak2, Acme or Thule?
    Is that an option to buy the incase Neoprine case for macbook pro and put the Air inside it? will it protect it?
  8. macrumors 6502a

May 14, 2012
    I'd suggest buying the case for the air not the pro otherwise it might bobble about.

I'm going to buy for the knomo sleeve too, I have their 10" bungo messenger bag which has been battered for a year since buying my first iPad and looks as good as the day I got it. Customer service excellent and husbands bigger kilkenny also looks pristing. I'm guessing you're not in the uk as they have these online and instore. If the sleeve was bed sized, you'd climb in and nod off straight away!
  9. macrumors member

Jul 8, 2007
    Incase makes a slip sleeve for the air. It's what I'm planning on buying for mine.

DO NOT get anything that has a zipper if you can avoid it. Case makers are getting better with this, but more often than not, the metal teeth of the zipper end up scratching your computer before you do.

EDIT: link for 11"
  10. macrumors regular

Jul 18, 2010
    London, UK
  11. macrumors 68000

Sep 16, 2008