A sleeve from booqbags.com for MacBook?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by marchcapital, Jul 10, 2006.

1. marchcapital macrumors regular

marchcapital

2. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

I've got this one that I used for my iBook.

I seriously only used it maybe 3 times total, since I sold my iBook.

I'm sure it would be an awesome fit for a MacBook - if you're interested, let me know. I can let it go very inexpensively ($30 + shipping).

3. marchcapital thread starter macrumors regular

marchcapital

there must be some one here that purchased one...?

4. mmmcheese macrumors 6502a

mmmcheese

I've been considering one of those for my MBP....I'm really curious how "rigid" semi-rigid is....

5. T-Stex macrumors 6502

I haven't used that specific model on my MacBook, but I've used the Booq Vyper models for the 12" and 15" PowerBooks, and I love them. They've always fit perfectly and offered a good amount of protection, while not taking up too much room. I'd recommend them to anyone looking for a sleeve.

6. gallagb macrumors 6502

gallagb

i use:
    http://www.radtech.us/Products/SleevzNotebooks.aspx

from radtech
    i realize that doesn't answer your question
    but i like radtech products

they make some other stuff-
    but the sleeve is what i use
    then i just toss my PB in my basic computer bags-

i also own their "mactruck"
    for when i'm really traveling...etc

7. marchcapital thread starter macrumors regular

marchcapital

im going to be ordering a vyper sleeve tonight....ill let everyone now whats its like when i receive it.

8. T-Stex macrumors 6502

I'm not sure what the best way to describe how rigid they are... semi-rigid is probably what I'd come up with. It's rigid enough that it won't lose its shape if there's nothing in it, but it's also flexible. The material is probably comparable with a thin sheet of flexible plastic, but is much more protective. I'm not sure if that helps at all, but if you're looking for a sleeve-type case, I think this is probably the best one you'll find. It's much more protective than a neoprene sleve, and isn't nearly as bulky as other sleeves.

9. skillz1318 macrumors regular

a few users have them over at the IGN boards and they love them...i have a booq mamba L that I love, i was going to get the sleeve but i wanted to be able to hold my power adapter too...Booq makes a great high quality product

10. mmmcheese macrumors 6502a

mmmcheese

Cool, that sounds like what I'm looking for...thanks for the description.

I just worry about my notebook in my bag. Uneven pressure on the case can be a nightmare with a metal case...makes for some "nice" dents.

11. The Senator macrumors regular

The Senator

I have the sleeve for my macbook pro and I love it. it works great for all my needs. its better then any laptop case because you have a ton of protection and you can hide it in an old bookback so nobody thinks theres a laptop in there

12. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

I really like the brand called "incase"

There cases are very good and protected.

13. Donz0r macrumors 6502a

I've been eyeing this case, the booqbag vyper thing the link in the first post,f or some time. I could've sworn the site said a release date of August something. I'm really happy theyre selling them now! I just wish I would've had one when i first got my macbook, It's kinda scratched and such now. Hopefully it'll quit working and they'll send me a new shiny one!! (I'm completely serious!)

I really think this will be a good case, I'm going to wait until you get yours PLEASE makea new thread when you get it and let me/us know how it is! I'd really like to know for sure before dropping 60 bucks!

Thanks!

14. uchuff macrumors member

I'd be interested to see a thread on that booq sleeve too. I went for a be.ez la robe, nice sleeve but the booq looks like it might offer more protection.