a small question about ordering/paying times (online)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by neon, Jan 30, 2005.

1. neon macrumors member

Jan 27, 2004
    hello all,

i'm very keen to order a mac mini, and on the uk site it says usually dispatched: 3-4 weeks

i'm patient-ish so thats ok, BUT i'm half-waiting for my salary to hit my bank account (in three weeks)

so my question is, do i need to wait before placing my order? will apple deduct funds from my debit card now or just before sending the item(s) out?

if not, what would happen if (by miracle?) the item was ready but the funds were not there, therefore declining the transaction, would i be put to the back of the queue (ie another 3-4 or however many weeks by then wait)?

ideally i'd like to order now, and have my wages hit my account just in time, but i don't know how these things work... hope this makes sense

oh and it will be BTO if that makes any difference

i'm determined NOT to use a credit card, so please don't suggest that! :p

TIA :)
  2. Applespider macrumors G4

Jan 20, 2004
    looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    They take the cash when they ship the product out to you - I'm not sure if they do an authorisation upfront or not.

One suggestion in case the Mac is ready before your salary comes in - why not give your bank a call and ask if they could extend your overdraft for the few days it will take to come through. If you've got a good record with them, they'll usually do that without problem if you explain the situation.