Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LaughingBlood

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2005
Hi at the behest of a fellow macrumors reader i downloaded cocktail to help maintain my ibook. Program is awesome in many ways but the one thing I would like to change is how it leaves .ds store files all over the place. It places them onto my desktop, in application folders, document folders, everywhere. Plus it also has dropped a network and localized folder onto my desktop that I can't (when dragged to garbage) eject or disconnect. In cocktail it has ds store listed under files where you could delete ds store files from disk or folder however when i try to use that it can't locate any of the ds store files. The traditional way of trying to just trash these files won't work because they are "invisible".

Anyone have any ideas how to stop this from happening?

live4ever

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2003
Cocktail doesn't create the DS_store files OS X does (you must have turned on show invisible items in the Finder).

eyeon

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2004
Montana, USA
Yup, my copy did the exact same thing, but then I realized that I had selected the "show invisible files" option.

Just turn that off again, and you should be fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.