A Spider Crawled Under My Bed....

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SamIchi, May 19, 2006.

1. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

And I don't know when it will come out. I missed the damn thing 2 times. I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight.

2. iGary Guest

iGary

Yeah, I'd be on the couch tonight if it were me.

3. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Forget that. I'd consider moving house... :eek:

4. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

And now the spiders under your bed going "Phew, that human almost got me twice now. I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight." ;)

Seriously though, I wouldn't worry much about it. Even if it was one of the handful of species that can harm you with it's bite, it's not likely to actually seek you out to attack.

5. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

No – but that spider will get eaten by a bigger spider, which in turn will get eaten by a bigger one... before we know it, poor SamIchi will be getting munched on by a spider the size of a small car.

Don't say I didn't warn you...

6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Bug spray....or a big size 10.

Get a lizard in the house...he'll get em.

Bless

7. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Unless it wants revenge for SamIchi's previous failed attempts on its life. But that's probably not the case. Definitely probably not.

8. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

There maybe things under the OP's bed that might cause the spider to grow :eek:

Attached Files:

9. ziwi macrumors 65816

ziwi

It is just a spider - any dimension data - smaller than a quarter, larger, etc...was he or she looking at you with all those eyes? ;)

10. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

You could say I got an acute case of arachnephobia. I fell uneasy knowing it's still alive in my room, none the less under my bed somwhere, waiting.

It was about a centimeter, black. really quick one, otherwise I would've gotten it. I thought I got it the first time, it must've one of those strong ones, radioactive maybe.

11. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Oh lord, iGary, now Sam's next post will be that he burned down his house.

Picture Sam as Bill Murry in Caddyshack after he blows the golf course up... and the gopher's still poking his head up.

12. Prelude2Tragedy macrumors regular

one morning i woke up a huge wolf spider(or something similar) on my pillow with its fangs all pointing at me, i screamed like a little girl. I couldn't sleep for a few days with the paranoia

13. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

So let it bite you and you'll be able to climb walls just like Peter Parker! ;)

B

14. Boggle macrumors 6502

Boggle

What if the spider is radioactive? Will SamIchi become able to climb on walls and have hyper-reflexes? Will he be able to sense danger? Will he learn to build Web Blasters? Will he have to fight the Gates Pin, The Compaqer, The "Alienware" Venom, sorry got nothin' that rhymes w/ IBM.

15. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

My room's been spider free for the past 4 years. The last one died in a blob of hair gel, t'was a good shot. thing is I HATE spiders but I wasn't scared. I knew I'd get it. which makes me a bad person... probably.

a good preventative is to spray bug killer stuff around windows and doors. like a salt ring against a demon. keeps them out. alternatively stick a Dyson down there :p

16. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

One time there was a huge (to me, anything bigger than a dot is big) spider on the ground and I was way too scared to get near it, so I let my hamster loose in the house and he ate it. :D

17. Lau Guest

Call me a weirdo, but I don't mind spiders. I do get rid of them out of the house, but it's more in a "poor guys, stuck in the house" sort of way.

18. amateurmacfreak macrumors 6502a

amateurmacfreak

Same here.
    I love them.
    Don't kill it.
    Please.
    I don't even kill cockroaches. Well, normally anyways. :eek:

19. juicedus macrumors member

My brother said there was a huge spider crawling in his apt. and that it was huge. I called him a baby.

He sent me a picture of it. I'd run and never come back if i saw one.

Attached Files:

20. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I think I used bug spray, air freshener, and a large shoe the last time a wolf spider crawled up my wall.

However, there was one trapped in a bucket outside, and let her go.

I'm compassionate!

21. Lau Guest

:)

Last summer there were loads of big 'uns, and I was up really late one night and saw something brown and substantial run across the floor out of the corner of my eye and thought it was a mouse so went to investigate. It turned out to be a beast of a thing. I caught it under a ramekin dish, and it kept running around inside and had freakishly heavy footsteps - I could really feel the weight of each leg tapping on my hand. Took a photo as well, obviously, to scare my bloke with the next day. :p

Attached Files:

22. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

*takes his hand out from under your sheets*

Sorry man, I didn't think you'd react so badly.