Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

garirry

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 27, 2013
Canada is my city
This is a suggestion I have regarding the wasteland section on this forum. As far as I'm understanding, the point of this group is to keep all pointless and useless posts inside the one section. To be honest, I like going there for entertainment because of how funny some of these are.

However, I've seen a large amount of posts straight out of the PRSI section in the wasteland. Often these are just over-the-top heated discussions rather than posts that have no purpose. I feel like this is not the proper place to put them in. Rather, these posts need to simply be locked and should stay in their PRSI section without contaminating the rest of the forum (yes I realise that the wasteland isn't a productive section and has no purpose, but I feel like if it even exists, then it's probably to just see what kind of stupid posts you should not make). Not to mention since there are much less posts in the wasteland than PSRI, they'll be easier to find. So my suggestion is very simple to all mods. Instead of moving angry PSRI topics to the wasteland, lock them and leave them be. That way this toxicity wouldn't be more spread.

Thank you.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Threads that are sent to WL are sent there to get them out of the forums they were started in. WL is not a forum users participate in as any thread that goes there is incapable of being posted in by members. We send many threads there rather than delete them outright.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.