A Tale In The Desert

Discussion in 'Games' started by iJon, Feb 26, 2003.

1. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Guys, this probably has to be one of the coolest games ever made. This guy and his buddies made this game in his garage and they are getting rave reviews. I just installed it on my PC and I am loving it. It is being said to be one of the best massive online multiplayers every. The just recently came out with a linux version, first of its kind of any massive multiplayer. This means it can get to Mac OS X pretty easily. Not many people know about this game yet so the forums dont have very much people. I would really lik some of you to go the forums and request this. Even if you a coder maybe offer to help port. I thought I would never say this again but you guys should really make a petetion (idont know where to do to make one or else i would do it). This guy made this in his garage, he WILL listen to a petetion. he has already said if enough interest is shown he will port it to mac os x. If you have a pc go download it. You can play it for a free month then its 14 dollars, which isnt bad at all considering most games cost 50 dollars just to play it ontop of the monthly fee.

www.atitd.com

iJon

2. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

I looked at the screenshots and it seems pretty cool. Here's the email address for support and suggestions. Everyone needs to send off an email requesting an OSX version.

pharaoh@egenesis.com

3. howard macrumors 68020

howard

wow that does look cool...i was once addicted to asherons call...so maybe i should stay away from massive online games...

4. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

well I just spoke with the head developer in email. I can't believe it, he already emailed back and I emailed him this morning. I already have so much respect for him. I mean this guy gave out his phone number on the web saying if the server crashed call him on his cell. He told me that all he needs is 24 hours and a Mac. He said he was gonnna email Apple and see if they would loan him one.

iJon

5. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

That is cool. I hope it does come to Mac soon, just to be able to try something new. It is good to hear that the developer is so supportive of his product.

6. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

I emailed the Josh(the developer) this morning. He replied today.

My email.

His reply

Very cool. He really has his priorities straight.