Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shellbryson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 28, 2006
Edinburgh
UK shipping of a custom Mac Pro & ACD;

Originally, Apple were to deliver my MP on Tuesday 9th, but they kept moving the date. I logged a change of delivery address with them as I cannot take a week off of work "just in case" they deliver. So, I was very happy today to see a UPS tracking number on the order and waited paitiently for it to be delivered ahead of schedule to my work address.... then the status changed to "unable to deliver". UPS has tried to deliver to my home address, the one I'd asked Apple specifically NOT to deliver to. So, I called Apple and they assured me the addresses were correct. I then called UPS and they assured me the addresses were incorrect. Called Apple again, and they told me that UPS had be updated. Called UPS back they they told me they had "just recieved" a change of address request, however the address they recieved was the same as the orginal address (in other words, they never got the first change of address). All very confusing. At least both Apple and UPS say my delivery will be tomorrow, at my home address, so I've taken the day off of work. What a total screw up, first by Apple, and secondly from UPS not updating their records. Useless. :eek:

So let that be a word of warning. Dont trust any delivery dates Apple give you, and double & triple check addresses with UPS if you have changed any delivery details...

Pressure

macrumors 603
May 30, 2006
Denmark
Yes, mistakes do happen.

However, to make you happy again, they do deliver 99% of the packages correct the first time.

shellbryson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 28, 2006
Edinburgh
Yes, mistakes do happen.

However, to make you happy again, they do deliver 99% of the packages correct the first time.

This is strike 2 from Apple for me. My PowerBook was shipped TWO MONTHS late when I bought that, around a year ago. They cited range changes, stock problems, shipping problems... ended up me waiting 8 weeks for a machine - I wasn't happy.

I love Apple kit, but their online parcel tracking is awful. You can maybe use it to estimate what month your computer may arrive in :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.