A Taliban Spokesman's Confession

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Jan 17, 2007.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

time

that's the most interesting part of the article, imo, about continued ISI involvement with the taleban. after 9/11, i honestly thought pakistan would be the main focus of the response.

instead, we got iraq. supposed to be easier, i guess.

2. Music_Producer macrumors 68000

India has been pointing out to the US government since decades.. regarding the Pakistani ISI motives. Pakistan is nothing but a terrorist training camp ground. No wonder India gets pissed when the US decides to sell F-16s and other weapons to Pakistan and becomes its 'ally' :rolleyes:

Since I was a kid my dad would tell me 'Pakistan is going to use all the American funds to attack the United States one day (directly or indirectly)'

Whatever problems are facing the United States today, it's administration is solely responsible and completely to blame for it. Somehow the 'intelligence' units in this country lack .. er.. intelligence.. I don't know if its that or its just government interference.

3. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

it's no great surprise, certainly. just interesting that a member of the taleban would admit it.

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

This is the same Pakistan thats hiding Osama and all his little buddies. Why is it that our own govt is so darn stupid? Seems our own CIA or whoever are allways helping the wrong people. No confidence at all in our govt,in our President or which way is the wind blowing Congress.

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Yeah, just another reminder that Bush took his eye off the ball when it mattered most for America. We not only chased the wrong enemy, but we did it in such a way as to play right into the hands of the actual enemy.

Good job Decider. :rolleyes:

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Why would we go after Pakistan? All they have are WMDs, terrorists, drug trafficking, and the people who actually planned 9/11. Iraq didn't have any of those things. Neither does Iran probably. So we had to invade one, and seek to move into the other. NK has the WMDs, the means to use them, and the willingness to sell them, so it's obvious we need to use diplomacy with them.

What part of that doesn't make perfect sense? :confused:

7. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

This guy Dr Hanif also says that Mullah Omar is living in Quetta under ISI protection. But surely we all knew that Pakistan was the operational base for the Taleban? It's been published often enough.

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

No, you see no one could have anticipated that the Pakistani ISI wouldn't be able to to distance itself from those they put in power in the first place.

9. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me