Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maestro55

macrumors 68030
Nov 13, 2005
Goat Farm in Meridian, TX
The PowerMac 5500 couldn't handle it. I had a BUNCH on the screen, a message came up warning that stickies was low on memory. The screenshot just appeared as all white, that was strange, but it was after I closed stickies. Too bad I don't have a screenshot, if I am really bored, I will have to try that again sometime.

mark!

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
America
uhm i deleted stickies, 'cause theres a widget.

but i lauchned every application including utilities, and it got back on track after like...30-40 seconds.

biiiitch.

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
Rokem said:
lol
i can see it now "Oh and one more thing the new 13" MacBook. It can handle 4.5x more stickies than the ibook..." Steve Jobs -WWDC '06

Ha, I can see it now. :D

Such amazing power the MacBook will offer! ;) :)

mbopy22

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2005
Help

Sorry I asked this question at the Mac Application Forum but nobody answer, and since this thread is about stickies...:eek: well here goes..:confused:

Hi,

yesterday I was trying to put in practice that lates OSX tip of the week, about translucent stickies... by pressing cmd + opt + T.

But everytime I tried to open stickies it will start bouncing and bouncing... and then nothing and when finally the sticki appeared my whole computer got slow.. and then freeze.. until I force quited stickies...

I have Main Menu, so I ran a Disk utility deleted .DS files, and reboot my computer... and again tried... and had the same issue with stikies...

any hint???

BTW I did not even tried to open more than just 1 stickie...

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
mbopy22 said:
But everytime I tried to open stickies it will start bouncing and bouncing... and then nothing and when finally the sticki appeared my whole computer got slow.. and then freeze.. until I force quited stickies...

So do you mean that Stickies will do this (bounce in the dock and freeze) before you do anything -- i.e. when you first start the program?

Try to spotlight the file com.apple.Stickies.plist and move it from wherever it is to the desktop (but don't copy it -- remove it from the original location, and do it while the Stickies program is closed). Then open the Stickies program. If everything is back to normal, delete the copy of this file that's on the desktop.

mbopy22

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2005
mkrishnan said:
So do you mean that Stickies will do this (bounce in the dock and freeze) before you do anything -- i.e. when you first start the program?

Try to spotlight the file com.apple.Stickies.plist and move it from wherever it is to the desktop (but don't copy it -- remove it from the original location, and do it while the Stickies program is closed). Then open the Stickies program. If everything is back to normal, delete the copy of this file that's on the desktop.

First of all THANKS, finally somebody answered.:eek:

Now, the problem is this, I click on stickies (which is on my dock btw) it will start bouncing then the fu... beach color ball :mad: will appear and everything will turn slower... not even expose works... :mad:
I'll try that com.apple.stickies.plist and let you know... thanks mkrishnan! ;)

mbopy22

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2005
mkrishnan said:
Dude, I posted 35 minutes after you made your post... lower the ritalin dose! :eek: ;) :D

J/K :) Sorry no one saw your post wherever else you posted it. Hope this solves the issue. :)

I deleted the com.apple.Stickies.plist and now is working SMOOTH! :D

BTW what is ritalin???:confused:

Gwardys

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2006
My macbook has two gigs of ram. And I did while watching T.V. so it was quite easy.

Anyways, the program I have inbetween Word and System Prefrences, is called pearlyrics. It allows you do automatically download lyrics for any music played in iTunes. Acctually, I dont even know why that is there. The widget version is allways running, and it saves me from opening the program everytime I open iTunes.

The main site is down, but you can still google the program.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.