A theory...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Locolako, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Locolako macrumors newbie

Well its probably just not me but I have been noticing as how everything is rumored to be dependent on one another. Such as iLife '07 to be dependent on Leopard.

Then there are all the other ones.

New iWork with a spreadsheet app.
    Some rumors that they want to release a new mac pro Octo core in the spring.
    New LED backlit Macbook Pro in the spring.
    Isn't there another event where Apple releases new versions of Final cut as well?
    Then Intel is releasing Santa Rosa in the Spring.
    I have also heard mention that Logic 8 will come out very soon.

So what if they are just waiting for a huge event to release them all? Or at least the ones that go in conjunction.

Leopard being released with new iLife and iWork.

Logic and Final cut along with the Mac Pro octocore.

Macbook Pro shortly after with new LED backlighting and Santa Rosa chipset.

Followed by the Macbook with the same chipset and maybe the LED lighting.

So what do you guys think?

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

If/when LED lighting comes to Mac notebooks, I doubt it's going to be the focus of a keynote. I don't think Santa Rosa would be either, unless Leopard uses some feature of it such as Robson caching.

3. mccldwll macrumors 65816

Huge event. Like the release of consumer Vista where everyone with a computer older than 18 months or so will be unable to upgrade? That's the point in time I would want to announce a boatload of upgrades to grab some more of the then newly available market share.

4. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

Of course there will be an event. I can't see Leopard being announced with just a press release. I also can not see a new version of iLife that will not run on the old operating system. I can see some new little animation program that will require Leopard and maybe some features in other iApp.s that need Leopard. But, for the most part, I expect iLife 07 to be backward compatible.

5. CaptainCaveMann macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

Agreed. :)

6. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

All I know is that a lot of the new software, iLife, iWork, and Final Cut are dependent on Leopard's Core Animation technology. That's why we haven't seen it yet. Core Animation is going to change the software side of Apple in a HUGE way.

7. mccldwll macrumors 65816

Mac printer rebate promo ended 1/22. Consumer Vista releases next week. Superbowl following weekend. Perfect time to go after the entire consumer computer market, not just existing mac users. Ties in with new mac/pc upgrade ad. iPods somewhat irrelevant for the moment (maybe Beatles, but maybe that was just a head fake away from Leopard/new macs). New macs/Leopard (need new/upgraded form imacs in addition to OS, since most consumers somewhat clueless about OS) as option to a pc sure seems likely.

8. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

I am in the market for a macbook, probably the blackbook. Right now I am using a hand me down 17" PB. It is a great machine and all, but just too big to lug all over freakin China. I need something small and light.

If there is in fact an update coming, i am in no hurry. I can wait until May at least.

At the minimum, I am not buying anything until Leopard is out.

9. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Santa Rosa is supposedly delayed until late summer/early fall. September maybe. Though I don't doubt that we will see something soon, it may not be Superbowl timed, I'm thinking more March to April. Don't get me wrong, I'm waiting on Leopard to get my 24" iMac too.

10. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Final Cut HD was released last year during the NAB convention in Las Vegas. So if they have anything new for Final Cut, it will be on the NAB in April. Therefore 10.5 has to be released before. Just my two cents!

11. Locolako thread starter macrumors newbie

Where did you hear that it was pushed back?

All I've heard was that it will be around april or may but before the 2nd quarter is over.