A Ti Book was ran ove by a car today!!!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by mymemory, Jun 13, 2003.

1. macrumors 68020

mymemory

Ok, today I went to my friend that has a Mac store and he was fixing a Ti Powerbook who was ran over by a car in the morning and guess what... it worked just fine, even the cd-rom and the screen worked fine. The enclusure was blend of course and the back pack had the drawing of the tires on it but it was working fine.

The thing was that the owner was getting in to his car when some one called him on his cell phone and while he was talking he got in to the car and in his wy back the parking lot he steped on his bag where the PB was! I wante to take some pictures of it, my friend was fixing and examining the internal broken parts, everything was blended inside but it was fully funtional, not even dead pixels.:confused:

2. macrumors 68040

applemacdude

What do you mean by "blended"? The ti's are pretty well built. Try that with a cheap plastic PC:)

3. macrumors 65816

4. macrumors 68030

irmongoose

I think he means bended...

Anyways, this just shows how sturdy and well-built the Powerbooks are... true Apple quality stuff. This incident coincides with the one where the woman baked her Powerbook.. well, at least this one wasn't intentional...

irmongoose

5. macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Haha.....I had to work my way from blended, to "bended", to the correct term, "bent". :)

But if the top of the PB was run over, how did the screen survive so well? Wouldn't the indented titanium somehow interfere with the LCD?

6. macrumors 65816

ibookin'

Ouch. But a testimony to the durability of Apple laptops nonetheless.

7. macrumors 65816

8. macrumors 603

shadowfax

haha, i had just joked with a friend of mine that we should go and try this in the morning! :D

9. macrumors 6502

I hope the conversation he was having was important, not just a "booty-call":D

10. macrumors 6502

They can make that steamroller ad again, crushing lots of pc laptops, then it runs over the powerbook but it doesn't get broken ;)

11. macrumors 65816

Oh jeeze, I can remember that one.
    I can also remember the Pentium Snail.
    The burning Bio-chemical dancing chemical Pentium guy.
    Oh, Apple, ads are your greatest front.