A tiny feature request . . . 3rd party apps?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by C-Mezak, Aug 22, 2004.

1. C-Mezak macrumors regular

C-Mezak

Hey all

I would love it if there were a small button somewhere on the dock that would allow me to toggle dock hiding. This would be immensly convenient for me at times. Anybody know of a 3rd party app that will do this for me? If not, dont you think it would be a good idea?

Charlie

2. Krs A macrumors newbie

Ctrl click on the seperator line in the dock between the programs and the files and you will get a pop-up window. toggle dock hidding on or off from here.

3. C-Mezak thread starter macrumors regular

C-Mezak

I guess thatll do. sorry. thanks!!

4. beatle888 macrumors 68000

beatle888

well....look under the apple menu>Dock> you will see a key command to toggle hiding on and off. now if you had a multi button mouse you could set up one of the buttons to execute this key command and you would be able to control the dock with a simple click of a mouse button.

i noticed you have a 12" powerbook. you might want to get a five button mouse and program some of the buttons for expose to manage your windows effortlessly. i also have a button that switches to the next open program. but you can switch to the next open program simply by pressing the command (otherwise known as the apple key) >tab keys.